i have a schecter c1 elite, with duncan designed pickups, i wanted to know what would be a good bridge upgrade. ive heard great things about the dimarzios, but i dont know one from the other. by the way i play hard rock/metal, and good distortion is a must. EMG's are supposed to have AMAZING tones on distortion(which my bridge pup is usually used for), but sucky-ballsy cleans. what would you suggest? price doesnt matter. i work now.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I got a Seymour Duncan SH4 put in today. Should be ready later,... hopefully its better than the Duncan Designed pickup. (I have a Schecter C1 too)
No suck ballzy cleans, stop listening to these noobs. EMGs cleans are fine really, better than the SH-1/SH-4 Duncans I had in my PRS. Although If you're just replacing the bridge humbucker with an EMG81 say, then you won't be able to use the neck pickup unless you wire a seperate switch/pots etc. I'd get a set, 60 Neck and 81 Bridge, great for anything you throw at it really. And who uses the bridge pickup for cleans anyway? lol
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
my emg81 sounds perfectly fine on clean. those people dont know what there talking about.
Jesus Rules

SLAM DANCE
Quote by JimiMan1535
And who uses the bridge pickup for cleans anyway? lol

Erm.. me? I love how when you use it clean, it gives a clicky, almost twangy tone. Plus, the bridge, being higher output with my pickups, allows it to push my amp a little, giving it that sparkly natural overdrive which I prefer to just straight, pure cleans.
if price is no option, you might want to look into some bareknuckles or similar boutique hand-wound pickups...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
or swineshead maybe?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
okay thanks...but i live in the US. and im not sure if the bareknuckles with ship here, do they? also, my guitar has a coil tap...are all humbuckers able to be tapped?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
EMG cleans are good, just not as good as passives, depends what you like really, EMG's for thrash-death-etc. passives like SD's for stuff like sabbath and maiden.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Quote by xsynysterx06
okay thanks...but i live in the US. and im not sure if the bareknuckles with ship here, do they? also, my guitar has a coil tap...are all humbuckers able to be tapped?

yes, and yes. if you get them wound to be tap-able.

alternatively, there are some USA dealers of BK's.

Quote by namman05
EMG cleans are good, just not as good as passives, depends what you like really, EMG's for thrash-death-etc. passives like SD's for stuff like sabbath and maiden.

so the cleans aren't as good as pickups that have good cleans, then? but are still good? yeah, that makes sense.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha^...so overall i play metal, hardcore, post hardcore, stuff with mucho gain. i rarely use the clean, if i do its just messing around. but i want the capibilities to be able to play anything with the pup, not just metal. you dig?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
^ ok. Don't get EMG's then. Look into bareknuckles, swinesheads, WCR, Wolfetone, highorder pickups, SD pickups (not duncans, they're actually just called SD), Lollar, Bill Lawrence, etc. They all have various models, and you can email them if you have any questions.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Man you guys push those BK SH pick ups like your endorsing them lol. But dave is a smart man so they are probably awesome.

But if your looking for a simpler route. Get a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB and a SH-2 Jazz. It will suit your needs fine and handle anything you can throw at it. thats just my opinion but you can allways look into those boutique pick ups allways worth a try thy are probably pretty nice i myself like the Bill Lawrence 500-XL its awesome
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join