Being a left hander it's been rather difficult to find a half decent guitar with a tremelo on it. That said, I've come across the RG370 and the RG1570 both of which are made lefty.

The big question here, one is $500 and the other is $1000. Is the 1570 actually worth the extra money? How do they play/sound in comparison? As I'll have to order either of them or pretty much any guitar that I choose to buy I'm **** out of luck for actually being able to try them out. I had heard both being played before, but at a music store at low volume on unfamiliar amps, so I can't say that it was particularily helpful.

Any comments on either guitar would be helpful.
I have the RG370 and it plays great, the main downside that most people complain about is the quality of the tremelo.
mmmk.
ibanezes arent worth it period, i own the 350 which is the same as the 370, different color, very poorly built, pickups are cheapo and the floyd rose is horrible, i always feel like its going to break, of course this is only my opinion, there are people who prefer ibanezes and i respect their opinion
I wouldn't be suprised if the 370 doesn't stay in tune that well. I've used other low end RGs that sucked because of worn knife edges. Your knife edges are likely to keep longer on a 1570.
I'd spend the extra on a 1570, but I don't buy crap.
Ive tried both, I would say the 1570 is worth the extra money. The tremelo on the 370 isnt as good as the 1570 as sithian said, and the pups are quite bad.
The 1570 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Well worth the investment. The trem is really good, miles better than the 370. But the pickups on both are poor.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by ias05
ibanezes arent worth it period, i own the 350 which is the same as the 370, different color, very poorly built, pickups are cheapo and the floyd rose is horrible, i always feel like its going to break, of course this is only my opinion, there are people who prefer ibanezes and i respect their opinion

You've obviously never played an RG Prestige. I agree that the low-end RGs aren't great, but the high-models are. Save up for the 1570, it's worth it. It will need a pickup swap though, because the stock Ibanez pickups are garbage.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
the main difference is the fact that the 1570 is a prestige. it is made in japan and the overall build quality will be much better than the 370.

other than that, the next biggest difference is the tremolo. the edge III on the 370 is not as good as the edge pro on the 1570. it's not necessarily because the edge III is bad, but it's that the edge pro just kicks a whole lot of ass.

is it worth the extra money? yes. you're talking about the difference between a made in korea mid-low end and a made in japan prestige. tremolo aside, you will be happier with the 1570. the edge pro just seals the deal.
Yeah you should definately go for the rg1570, its got a better neck, better pickups and more importantly a trem that will hold tune and last you a long time. If i was you i'd pay the extra now and it'll be well worth it in the long run.
Quote by icronic
Being a left hander it's been rather difficult to find a half decent guitar with a tremelo on it. That said, I've come across the RG370 and the RG1570 both of which are made lefty.

The big question here, one is $500 and the other is $1000. Is the 1570 actually worth the extra money? How do they play/sound in comparison? As I'll have to order either of them or pretty much any guitar that I choose to buy I'm **** out of luck for actually being able to try them out. I had heard both being played before, but at a music store at low volume on unfamiliar amps, so I can't say that it was particularily helpful.

Any comments on either guitar would be helpful.

Get the 1570, the prestige models kick ass. $1000 is a great price for a guitar like that.
Quote by ias05
So you're basing your opinion about the whole Ibanez range on the low-end 350 that you own...
All I can say is you're missing out b/c of shortsightedness...

To ts, the 1570 is great, NO DOUBT worth the extra $$$.. If a great stable trem and fast neck are your thing, and you dont mind the basswood body, go for it!
(Pickups may need a swap after a while though, but same counts for the 370!)

RG1570 compared to RG370....god,what's happening to the people of UG...of course the 1570 is better...its a PRESTIGE
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Well, if your willing to spend the extra money, the 1570 would defenitaly be worth it, it's just plain better quality.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
spend the money for a prestige. I have an rg 320 DX Qm and the picups suck and the "lisenced" floyd always falls out of tune> I just picked up an Rg 2550 Ex VBB ( prestige) and it hasnt gone out of tune yet, the pickups sound better than some seymour duncans i've played and the neck and overall craftsman ship is soo much better.

SPEND THE EXTRA FOR A PRESTIGE 1570
Definatly get the 1570, no question about it.
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"