Hey, today and in the past I have been playing with just me friend who is really good at drums, and I play guitar. We can kick out some pretty good jams. For instance we played "Girl is on my Mind" just the instrumental for about 7 mins and it sounded really good. We play other stuff as well like chili peppers or just jam to riffs.

But the problem is after a while it gets boring. It is hard without a bass player, because bass is so vital to the rhythm section of a band. We think we have bass player, but he hasn't been able to make it, and he isn't around right now (summer vacation).

What can I play to make it more entertaining for me and my drummer, besides songs from bands like the Black Keys and White Stripes (just guitar and drums). Without bass it is hard to jam.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
just learn some songs you like and play them. a bass really isn't going to make it that much more entertaining, i prefer jamming with only a drummer, you can do whatever you freakin feel like.
I've seen emo-er.

Member of the "I am a Fan of Gaycore Wrestle-Metal" Fanclub.
Quote by LeveLHeaD69
just learn some songs you like and play them. a bass really isn't going to make it that much more entertaining, i prefer jamming with only a drummer, you can do whatever you freakin feel like.

Shut up, bassists, percussionists, and rythm guitarists are more important than you'll ever dream of. I commend the threadstaer for acknowledging that.

Why don't you just get some kind of looper, record a bassline, and use that?
play green day stuff Mike doesnt make his own riffs unless its longview but besides tht Mike and Billie play the same thing so bust out the power chords
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
play green day stuff Mike doesnt make his own riffs unless its longview but besides tht Mike and Billie play the same thing so bust out the power chords

Um, please, stop talking out of your ass. First of, Mike did a lot of cool stuff before the American Idiot album, not just Longview. Second off, you still need a bass to support the bottom end so that the sound isn't tinny.
Please.. a guitar and a drum duo is just fine, if you know what your doing and have had experience as a lead and rythem guitar player; then you can switch back and forth between lead and rythem smoooothly.

I have done this a few times with my drummer and done little office party jazz duos. It's fun as hell. - but remember, if you do play shows like this, you WILL be on the spot since you are the only one that contains the melody and the variety of notes being played.. which goes back to my original statement of how you should be experienced and smoooooth in your playing.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Little Wing is pretty much a guitarist and drummer, SRV had a bass in one of the videos but its not needed
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join