What string gauge would you recommend for a 7th string so it doesn't vibrate against the fretboard?
I've been using .010, .013, .017, .026, .036 and .046, and they sound fine to me.
d' addrio do make a 7 string set man, they use a 56 gauge for the 7th string, i down tune so i use a 74 gauge string for mine, with a set of 11's..
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
A heavier set of strings would work better IMO.

EDIT: Cringles has got it right.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
just to add aswel, for the 7th string, try a 56 gauge, 62 gauge and a 64 gauge, neither of them should ''slap'' of the fret board, good luck enjoy the 7string
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
Yeah, I have a suspicion that the store got lazy and just put a very slightly higher gauge as the 7th string, cause bends sound downtuned.
My town sucks, the guitar shops don't carry 7-string sets (most of them don't even know what a 7-string is).
So I just figured I could just get the right gauge string separately.
Last edited by somebody_123 at Jul 1, 2006,
I know someone who uses a bass G string - that's usually .045 or .05
he tunes down to A, but I don't really know whether it vibrates
ne pvgnemvs
I use .013s and I am getting custom .015s soon.

Mwahahahaha, whoever plays my guitar shall have their blood flowing away from their body...the cursed guitar.

Its a sign to play metal
Quote by somebody_123
Yeah, I have a suspicion that the store got lazy and just put a very slightly higher gauge as the 7th string, cause bends sound downtuned.
My town sucks, the guitar shops don't carry 7-string sets (most of them don't even know what a 7-string is).
So I just figured I could just get the right gauge string separately.

its the same over here man, i used to get my standerd 7 string sets of a tutor, but i tuned down now, i just buy a normal set of 11 d'addario and i buy the 7th string seperate, it depends what tuning your in aswel. im in drop A with a longer scale length, a 74 gauge string just screams balls haha, its real heavy sounding.

plus, i bought most of my gear from america cause...not many people over here know what a 7 string is...or they dont understand why ya need a low B string...inbreds
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail