I've been looking at this bass for quite awhile and it looks pretty awesome and everything plays well but...haha anyone willing to post some sound clips...i don't feel like driving 45 minutes to go to guitar center
I've tried the SR500 and it was good. but I've tried some five-string SR's and find the B to be very floppy.
Quote by StygianFury666
I've been looking at this bass for quite awhile and it looks pretty awesome and everything plays well but...haha anyone willing to post some sound clips...i don't feel like driving 45 minutes to go to guitar center

Give me a few hours/days and I'll give you soundclips.

My Low B is very tight.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Give me a few hours/days and I'll give you soundclips.

My Low B is very tight.

Alright

thanks in advance
Hope you enjoy yours! Please mind the crap quality and playing again... shit player + shit mic + shit soundcard.
haha
^ Hey Incubus, how'd you get your Musicman tone? I think I found mine by doing a bass flat/cut, a mids boosted, and a treble boosted, and bridge pup of course.
haha
First off, slap kind of over the neck pickup fairly hard to get that more percussive sound.
It was recorded by micing my GK with a Shure SM57 running into my firepod and through my computer. I used my Ibanez strung with D'Addario XL strings.
My settings are thus:
GK- 5-string voicing filter on, countour at 12 o'clock, presence at 9 o'clock, treble at 1 o'clock, high mid at 9 o'clock, low mid at 1 o'clock, bass at 3 o'clock.
Ibanez- Both pickups on, treble boosted a third of the way up, mids dropped to about half way, and bass boosted about half way.
Cab- The tweeter was turned up to 10 o'clock

No EQing was done after I recorded it. The mic was placed inbetween the tweeter and the top 12" speaker.

I love how this thread is right under the "Ibanez SR500 or SR505" thread lol.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.