i would like people opinions on these two humbuckers. good and bads on each
"Im not gonna say anything inspirational... im just gonna ****in sware alot. -Billie Joe Armstrong
I had a 500T and didn't like it much. It was a bit harsh, with quite a "boxy" character. IMO you can get a much better pickup for the money from Swineshead, Seymour Duncan etc. What kind of pickup do you want?
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
the 500T is a piece of shit and the burstbucker is alright, but horribly overpriced here in the UK/europe.

IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^We have a winner.
Worth it in the states though, unless you want a 4-wire model.
Quote by Dave_Mc
the 500T is a piece of shit and the burstbucker is alright, but horribly overpriced here in the UK/europe.

IMO.

WMO. I think that Gibson 490R is ok, but the other ones are bad (Burstbuckers are ok, but as said overpriced). Id say go for Swinesheads or Bareknuckles.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
EMG IZ DA ROXXORZ

ok in all seriousness though.

I hated the Gibson pickups just didnt cut it for me. If your playing nothing but metal. EMGs will work. But there are other suggestions such as a Dimarzio Super Distortion bridge and PAF neck. Also look into swineshead Dave allwasy says there amazing though being in america i have never tried them sry cant help you. Also SD Jb and Jazz is a good combo
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
the 500T sucks ass. very muddy, not a very wide frequency range.

burstbuckers are good.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
these pickups dont even compare. heres why:
500t:
ceramic magnet
high output
muddy
high gain
Nu-metal/metal
think bury your dead
made for thin body guitars (flying V/SG)

Burst bucker:
Alnico magnet (dunno if its 5 or 2)
Med output
Paf Replica
Clear and Articulate
Crunch type gain
Classic rock/blues
Think led zeppelin (jimmy page's signature les paul)
Made for thicker body/hollow body guitars (Les Paul, ES series)
Guitars
Fender Telecaster 72 deluxe reissue
BCRich Neckthru mockingbird w/ floyd
Franken Strat, that i built
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Mapex Pro M classic Sabian AA/Paiste 2002 cymbals Iron Cobra
Last edited by AcDc_1337 at Jun 30, 2006,
^Well Jimmy has a sig set of Burstbuckers. Burstbuckers have Alnico II's, but the Pro ones have Alnico V.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

the reason is cause i am currently getting a "nice guitar" and ive narrowed it down to either the gibson les paul standard or the classic. i liked the classic's neck alot better. anyone have experience with BOTH?

(classic comes with the 500t and the standard comes with the bbpro)
"Im not gonna say anything inspirational... im just gonna ****in sware alot. -Billie Joe Armstrong
meh, i hated the classic when i played it. played like crap, felt weird. sounded pretty dull.

the standards varied form guitar to guitar.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by sumrocks
the reason is cause i am currently getting a "nice guitar" and ive narrowed it down to either the gibson les paul standard or the classic. i liked the classic's neck alot better. anyone have experience with BOTH?

(classic comes with the 500t and the standard comes with the bbpro)

Well if you get the Classic upgrade the pickups. If you get a Standard you shoudl do that aswell, but then its not as nescessary.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Swinesheads......... nuff said....... tried them...... loved them......... still can't buy them..
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by Dave_Mc

IMO.
"claps"

everything gibson makes is overpriced period

also none of it's pickups even come close to dimarzios and seymour duncans
Yes, and they do have a coolname....... it's like the synonym of hogsface.....

Keep the faith, baby!!
Yeah, but your axe has like........ 1000s of dents er sumthin like tat ...

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Yeah, but your axe has like........ 1000s of dents er sumthin like tat ...

This is about the 5th post ive read by you that is complete stupid. Stop post whoreing.

I have the 500, and its nothing special. Its got a nice output, but it does have a little mud to it. I like it alright. I havnt played the burstbucker, but have heard good things. It depends on what you play i suppose.
500t is a bit rubbish really. I think most Gibson pickups are crappy.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Quote by Gabel
Well if you get the Classic upgrade the pickups. If you get a Standard you shoudl do that aswell, but then its not as nescessary.

agreed.

Where did you get to try swineys, bluespunkmetal?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?