Can someone tell me in order of least to greatest the different kinds of guitar wood material.... Also am I the only one who finds the band name "Morning Wood" funny?
Body wood is really an opinion thing. Some people like the bright, punchy tone of alder where others prefer the dark, somewhat muddy tone of mahogany. It all depends on the tone you like.

Warmoth has great descriptions of body woods here http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
I too giggle a little bit inside everytime I hear "Morning Wood," or, more likely, see that name pop up (teehee) in the new Burnout. And it's an all-chick band too, ! But yeah, guitar wood is all a matter of opinion.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

^ unless it's agathis.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by SteveHouse
I too giggle a little bit inside everytime I hear "Morning Wood," or, more likely, see that name pop up (teehee) in the new Burnout. And it's an all-chick band too, ! But yeah, guitar wood is all a matter of opinion.

yes...do you think they have noticed that it means pitching a tent?
aha taking large amounts of tylenol 3 and motrin 600s for a while takes away your "morning wood" extremely off topic but i find it funny