Page 1 of 2
Hi. I was wondering, being the annoying a-hole that asks too many questions, what your opinion is on the Ibanez rg350dx and what would make it sound even better because I really like the look of it
youd be alot better to take a step up to the 370DX.
plays WAY smoother.
personally I love the RG's... you can pretty much never go wrong with them

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Well I already have the guitar and it sounds like I couldve gotten a better one for not much cheaper....you make me sad

EDIT: What makes the 370 better anyway?
If there's a Guitar Center near you, try an RG2EX1 (black) or RG2EX2 (white), they're $300 a piece. They're a vast improvement over the rg350dx. They have: better pickups (designed by emg's), better wood (mahogany vs. basswood), I found it had better action, and a better access neck joint (the rg2ex's had a shaved down bolt on)
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
O.O So your telling me that I could have gotten a better guitar for 200 bucks cheaper or you just being a penis?
Oh, I thought you were just looking to buy the guitar; but in other words, I played both the rg350(EX/dx) and the rg2ex(1/2) and completely prefered the rg2.
Quote by sethp

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
well.....****...anyways If I were to switch the pickups (HSH), what would be the very best sounding pickups for say....a Yngwie Malmsteen sound.
350dx Looks Really Similiar To Jem7vw Except For The Missing Monkey Grip. I Was Planning To Get One Before But Jackson Won Me Over To His Side.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
^ Lol..

I think Yngwie has single coils in his strat, so HSH config i dunno.. But maybe he has a hot rails or any other stacked single coil instead?
yngwie has sig. pups from dimarzio.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
ridetheanger THEY ARE NOT MAHOGANY FOR THE LAST TIME ! And as a matter of fact the (I think) the edge 3 is on the rg350dx for all 2k6 models and it pwns the old edge II
in short great guitar
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
350 & 370 still both have crap trem that will soon die after a few months of whammy playing. and seriously you shouldnt buy a guitar on its look
does no one listen IBANEZ FIXED THE EDGE 3 if you get it set up it will last nearly as long as edge pro
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by isan
does no one listen IBANEZ FIXED THE EDGE 3 if you get it set up it will last nearly as long as edge pro

im not going to call bull**** but can i have some proof of this
Quote by isan
ridetheanger THEY ARE NOT MAHOGANY FOR THE LAST TIME ! And as a matter of fact the (I think) the edge 3 is on the rg350dx for all 2k6 models and it pwns the old edge II
in short great guitar

Did you open up the back and look at the wood grain? Didn't think so, quit being a giant douche.
Quote by sethp

i own the 350dx and it sucks ass really bad hard to tune, trem sucks too, pickups are horrible, very cheaply built guitar
can anyone prove that they fixed the trem? no. until someones had it for 6 months dont be preaching that it rocks. coz chances are it sucks harder than a poor teenager looking for quick money.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
alright i might just go visit kosmic for everyday 6 months straight and play the rg350dx/rg370dx then will report back
yep. sounds like a plan.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
i vote every noob who keeps saying edge 3's are good. even i learnt my lesson.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
well apparently theyve fixed the edge III so its just as good as the Edge Pro so that means fixing the kinfe anchors
but IS that true?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

probably not. and if it is i'm gunna be pissed. though then i could buy a replacement edge 3 so then i dont have to rout it out. well i'm torn at best.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
what about the Edge PROII?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Go to Ibanez.com/forum and pm Jay13 (Ibanez employee) and ask all your questions if you need proof also ask around on there they will tell you how much better it is

http://www.ibanez.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=339&KW=edge+3 example
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Last edited by isan at Jul 2, 2006,
i sent him a message...and hopefully he will get back to me soon.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

it is basswood the rg321 is mahogany , guitar center wanted something more midsy so they asked for ther rg2 and rg3 models to be basswood
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
wow does that forum ever get boring, there is no spam, no wisecracks and smartasses, no fighting, no cursing, what the **** kinda forum is that?!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by isan
it is basswood the rg321 is mahogany , guitar center wanted something more midsy so they asked for ther rg2 and rg3 models to be basswood

either way the guitar sounds kickass, it has a lot of bass in the neck pup.
Quote by sethp

Quote by Martha Stewart
O.O So your telling me that I could have gotten a better guitar for 200 bucks cheaper or you just being a penis?

made me laugh. haha.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by RideTheAnger13
either way the guitar sounds kickass, it has a lot of bass in the neck pup.

yeah the neck pup is very good for jazz or just not alot of crunch in distortion
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
An OFR is a direct retrofit to the Edge III. Using the old studs, no routing necessary.

picture courtesy of chef21 @jemsite.com/forum

Also, the Lo-Pro Edge can also retrofit in the Edge III cavity, only that some work need to be done. The trem post needs to be enlarged, large enough to accomodate the lo-pro edge's posts. Also the front part of the cavity (nearest to the bridge h'bucker) needs to be filed a bit.

picture courtesy of ~ShOcKwAvE~@jemsite.com/forum
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Hizzzot!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Well wouldn't the guys on the Ibanez forum tell you that an Ibanez trem is awesome??? Would this employee actually put down a product that he makes???
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Last edited by redaxe at Jul 3, 2006,
i would, seriously i would never want a company i work for to get such a bad rep. btw the rg321mh is a mahogany the other one i think is basswood
Page 1 of 2