what are the best guitar maintenance/cleaning kits for acoustic guitars, and for electric guitars? by best i mean highest quality and most extensive
Muddy Waters invented electricity.
I've had good experiences with the Dunlop 65 set thingy.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
I'd 2nd the Formula 65 set. For fingerboards, I use Dunlop's Fingerboard 1 and 2 (prep and conditioner, respectively).
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Well it depends, if you're acoustic has an oil finish you can't really "treat" or "polish" it in any way except steel wool, or re-sanding and re-applying the oil. But most acoustics seem to have some sort of gloss polyester/lacquer which you can use the same polishes as electrics. Fretboard oil is fretboard oil and will work for anything.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
And for electrics, always keep a philips(sp?) screwdriver and an alan wrench set (if you have a floyd rose). I also agree on the dunlop 65, use that and a microfiber cloth to clean your guitar, and for the fretboard just use some lemon oil.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+ 112