ok so the title was a joke but now down to buisness.

I really want a new guitar but it cant really be anything really expensive £300 tops i suppose. the two i really like are Les Pauls and B.C Rich.

Im into both metal and classic rock so im kinda stuck for what to get. Now ino B.C. Rich aint as good as Jacksons and so on and so forth but i like them. dont know why i just do.

So my question is BC Rich or Epiphone Les Paul?

EDIT: im going to a local store tommorow so will probably try out lots of guitars.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Last edited by (insertnamehere at Jun 30, 2006,
you put the quotes in the wrong place.

play them yourself, if our going tommorow, why ask us?
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
BC Riches are horrible if you are gonna play classic, they cannot get tone for ****. I say go for an Epiphone Les Paul or better yet (With a cheaper price tag) an Agile Les Paul and swap the pickups out to an EMG 81 in the bridge (For metal) and an EMG 60 in the neck (For classic)
Last edited by hourglass666 at Jun 30, 2006,
about the quotes, shush im stupid and second from what i understand its a really bad store so im expecting it not to have what im after
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
hourglass, is the tone of the agile as good as the epiphones is what im concerned about. from what ive heard the epiphones have a really good sound to them
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
get an epiphone and just change the pickups down the road

try to go for the Epi Les Paul custom instead of the standard because the standard has a peice of alder sandwhiched between the two peices of mahogany (it's cheaper to glue together a bunch of peices of wood than cut one peice out) so it kills the tone and sustain.

The custom is all mahogany so it should be better.
try to go for the Epi Les Paul custom instead of the standard because the standard has a peice of alder sandwhiched between the two peices of mahogany (it's cheaper to glue together a bunch of peices of wood than cut one peice out) so it kills the tone and sustain.

thanks ill bear that in mind
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
yeah go epiphone perhaps the lp gothic studio if your into metal
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Guessing that you're in the UK because of the £ sign, same here. I'm getting an agile LP from america shipped over to me this week. shipping and tax and stuff is a bitch but even with all that it works out as £250 - £300 for the high end guitars at www.rondomusic.net. They're really worth a look because they completely destroy the Epiphones in the same price range.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
depends what series in BC Rich. The ep. les pauls are bullsh*t. buuuut try em out n see 4 urself
nightmare - yes i am in the uk and yes shipping and tax is a bitch
chris - i always considered the gothic guitars but i really like the cherry sinburst.
gary - Epi les pauls may be bull**** for slipknot because they aint "scary enough" but wada you know you listen to a band that does nothing but scream and yell and hide their faces behind wierd masks so that they dont get kids in the street saying "look daddy theres that man that told me to kill mommy!"
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by (insertnamehere
nightmare - yes i am in the uk and yes shipping and tax is a bitch
chris - i always considered the gothic guitars but i really like the cherry sinburst.
gary - Epi les pauls may be bull**** for slipknot because they aint "scary enough" but wada you know you listen to a band that does nothing but scream and yell and hide their faces behind wierd masks so that they dont get kids in the street saying "look daddy theres that man that told me to kill mommy!"

I like this guy.

Anyway the gothics like the standards have the mahogany alder body. Always look for guitars with one peice bodies (maple tops are ok they add sustain and make the tone more articulate I'm talking about multiple peices in the actual body not the top)
yea good opinions being fronted there

seriously though the Agiles sound every bit as good as the Epi's, and in that price range much better. I'm getting the AL-2800, but for £300 maybe the AL-3000 ?
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
thank you mr field your not soo bad urself
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
ok then so im looking for an argile by the sounds of the mob. know anywhere that sells them apart from rondomusic.net?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by Ihearthetfield
The Epiphone Les Paul Custom is, unfortunately, also doomed () with its mahogany/alder sandwich.. The Standard Plain Top is the only "normal" (as in not limited ed. or sig) model that features the full mahogany body (apart from the Elitists of course..) but Ive heard that its made in China (as opposed to Korea) and that it sounds ****ty.. but that is yet to be confirmed.. You might wanna look out for one of those Epi limited editions which can in some cases be full mahogany and made in korea at the same time

EDIT: and no, I havnt heard of any other place except rondo that sells Agiles
Epi fo' sho.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
No that ebay link for the Epi is a no-no. It's either a special or a studio, in which case you don't want either. Plus he pasted the Gibson specs. I'd recommend Agile most definately over Epi, but I don't know if Rondo ships to the UK. Try ebay I see a lot of agiles on their. Also check out Japanese Les Paul copies Burny, Greco, Tokai, Edwards etc. They offer great quality and materials and a low price = pwnxorzz.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
No that ebay link for the Epi is a no-no. It's either a special or a studio, in which case you don't want either. Plus he pasted the Gibson specs. I'd recommend Agile most definately over Epi, but I don't know if Rondo ships to the UK. Try ebay I see a lot of agiles on their. Also check out Japanese Les Paul copies Burny, Greco, Tokai, Edwards etc. They offer great quality and materials and a low price = pwnxorzz

one shall bear that in mind thankyou
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
found one. perfect colour (yes i am a slash fan for those of you who recognise the colour).
http://www.rondomusic.net/sxal1000.html
Your opinions are helpful and also greatly wanted

EDIT: works out at about £90 english pounds
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
ok so plus shipping im looking at no more than 120 english. not saying itll go that high but its a crazy world we live in
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
^That's an SX guitar-not an Agile. SX guitars are pretty cheaply made and need a LOT of work before they're decent.

Also, for the price you'll spend on the guitar, + shipping, you could but a nice Epiphone. Like the Les Paul Standard Plain Top. Which, what do you know? Comes in the exact color you want.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413

It's got the same specs as the Agiles do and will end up being about the same price for you. Also, you'll be able to try it out first. You'll have a warranty with it as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ah thankyou xenn yet another word of great wisdom from you.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by Xenn99
Also, for the price you'll spend on the guitar, + shipping, you could but a nice Epiphone. Like the Les Paul Standard Plain Top. Which, what do you know? Comes in the exact color you want.

Plain Top apparently has QC issues.. made in China (versus the rest of the Epi's which are made in Korea)
im currently in the process of getting a new guitar. i have decided that i want a Les Paul, probably a Epiphone. Out of these three choices, which should i get:

Les Paul Ultra
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Ultra-Electric-Guitar?sku=518770

Standard
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=518341

Plain Top
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413

i will mainly be playing classic rock, LOTS of Guns N' Roses
Quote by svanzon
Plain Top apparently has QC issues.. made in China (versus the rest of the Epi's which are made in Korea)

I haven't heard of any problems with them. I've talked with people tha own them and they're all pleased with them. I may be buying one myself as well.

Also, Epiphone has switched nearly all production to a Chinese factory. They've also improved their LP's in different ways. Like adding Grovers on all of them instead of just a random few and fixing the faulty switches. From what I've read on these newer models, they're the same as the older ones, just without the problems with the tuners and the pickup switch.

FridayFan, it depends on how much distortion you use. If you stick to minimal distortion or play lots of cleans, the Ultra is supposed to be great. However, it's semi-hollow (chambered body), so it doesn't handle high distortion well.

If you use more distortion, go for the Plain Top. Just check it out first for any problems and you should be fine.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
thankyou xenn99 that has benefited me also
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by Xenn99
I haven't heard of any problems with them. I've talked with people tha own them and they're all pleased with them. I may be buying one myself as well.

Also, Epiphone has switched nearly all production to a Chinese factory. They've also improved their LP's in different ways. Like adding Grovers on all of them instead of just a random few and fixing the faulty switches. From what I've read on these newer models, they're the same as the older ones, just without the problems with the tuners and the pickup switch.

FridayFan, it depends on how much distortion you use. If you stick to minimal distortion or play lots of cleans, the Ultra is supposed to be great. However, it's semi-hollow (chambered body), so it doesn't handle high distortion well.

If you use more distortion, go for the Plain Top. Just check it out first for any problems and you should be fine.

thanks man