I've got a jcm 600 which is basically a 60 watt 2x12 900 with an old washburn with two single coil pickups and a bridge humbucker. The amp sounds awesome and has much more gain than I can ever imagine using, but I want more sustain in my lead parts, without having the gain on 7.

I was thinking of a marshall bluesbreaker, which I used to own and use on a crappy ss amp... kinda regret selling that now. The tones that I want are: Gary Moore (A recent version of parisienne walkways), Brian May, and Angus Young. Would an overdrive like a tubescreamer help? Maybe a compressor?... Or should I get another bluesbreaker and use the boost function?

Thanks

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I live in the UK and I've never seen one of them.. I'm quite tempted by the bluesbreaker as I'm skint at the moment lol.

Cheers Guys

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Fernandes Sustainers...?
Quote by Mascot
Calm down.

I'm not saying it again.
Quote by adam02
sustain has a lot to do with the construction of the guitar. But adding a compressor or overdrive would help. Humbuckers would help. Neck-thru guitar.

Yea exactly. I think its time for a new guitar for you anyway so why dont you just get like a Epiphone Les Paul to get the thick body with tons of room for sustain, and 2 humbuckers. That would help get the sustain.
boss compression/sustainer
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Did someone said FERNANDES.............. Oh yeah BABY !!!

These m###erFekcers 'll give you tonnes of sustain..........

Or you could EBow your solos !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by hamish5178
boss compression/sustainer

you like that? i played my friends and didnt like it and he had his running through his effects loop and it did nothing for his sound so he took it back to GC.
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
You can also get an EQ pedal to boost your mids and highs during solos, that might be a way to get more sustain, but an OD pedal would probably work best
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
eqing is good
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I'd love an epiphone les Paul, but I broke my wrist today and I'm broke from buying my jcm 600... Quite tempted to save for one.
Quote by Skraeling86

Quote by Bubban

Quote by jimbob78
I'd love an epiphone les Paul, but I broke my wrist today and I'm broke from buying my jcm 600... Quite tempted to save for one.

Try an agile, just as good with a lower price tag.

www.rondomusic.net
How does an ebow work? is it literally a bow? What sort of effect will that produce?

Thanks

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86

Quote by Bubban

The ebow creates a magnetic field on the string and basically creates infinite sustain. It acts like a bow on a violin.
a compressor would greatly increase sustain.....

ive got no coin to get one so i use my tubescreamer as a volume boost.....which makes everything SCREAM haha
Signature