It's a nice guitar. I'd recommend the X30 over it though. The X30 is more versatile thanks to it's coil-tapping. You can get the same single coil tones that you'd get with the X33, but you can also get great humbucker tones as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Haven't played the X33 but I tried teh X30 when I was looking for a guitar and it was nice. I liked the sound and look of it, but I ended up going with the rg321 because I liked the feel of it a lot better. That's personal preference though, you should definately try it out.
Alright thanks for the advice, I am leaning more towards the X30 now. I don't really want a guitar with a trem quite yet.
Last edited by Funky M0nk at Jul 1, 2006,
Well obviously my favourite band is Red Hot Chili Peppers, I know John plays Strats which I cant afford yet. And I'd wanna play some Metallica, Pink Floyd, Rush, Clapton. My top two choices right now are the Washburn X30/X33 or Peavey HP Signature EX.
I would say don't trust the reviews. All of them are basically good because the buyers are embarassed that they made the wrong choice and they still insist that the guitar that they bought is a great guitar.

Gosh, look at those BC Richs Bronze Series reviews for god's sake:

You won't get a better guitar for the money. The finish is very nice, the fret work is sweet, and overall quality is great. Pickups a little cheap, but I put in a dimebucker bridge and duncan in the neck spot , and this guitar kicks!I got the coffin case for it , and it fits great. (The universal/bass case).Balance is a little head heavy when strapped on, but not a lot.[/quote}

That was for BC RiCH warlock Bronze!!!!!

So don't trust the reviews
Ya most of the reviews are positive....so they can't be that accurate. If any of the stores around me carry em I'll just try em out for myself
Okay Funky Monk I play pretty much the same music as you and just got it. It's awesome it sounds and feels great I'm not disappointed at all I love it.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Funky M0nk
Well obviously my favourite band is Red Hot Chili Peppers, I know John plays Strats which I cant afford yet. And I'd wanna play some Metallica, Pink Floyd, Rush, Clapton. My top two choices right now are the Washburn X30/X33 or Peavey HP Signature EX.

John also plays some jag, gretsch white falcon, tele
Quote by azn_guitarist25
John also plays some jag, gretsch white falcon, tele

Ya and an SG and Les Paul but I don't think he plays those live.

Mostly its the 60's Strats.
For what you want to play, the X30 is the way to go. It has the coil tapping so you can get single coil tones, and still has the humbucker tone so you can get heavier sounds.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
My girlfriend happened to bring one of these over and like all Washburn guitars I've played, it was just meh to me. The pickups were waaaaaaaaaay too sensitive, the neck felt weird, and the body kept jabbing into me. Not to mention it's one of the most generic looking guitars going.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
If you want to play chillis and that list you said i suggest get a guitar with humbuckers AND single coils, if you want metallica i suggest one with a good trem (possibly floyd rose)
Quote by Punk_Ninja
If you want to play chillis and that list you said i suggest get a guitar with humbuckers AND single coils, if you want metallica i suggest one with a good trem (possibly floyd rose)

Just another question, would placement matter?
What do you mean by placement? Like where the pickups are?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
not really but imo the most versatile layout you can get would be h/s/s or h/s/h and coil split the neck humbucker