Right, this is the first set of lyrics I've ever written, thought I'd post them here.

It's untitled so far, and not set in stone as of yet.

(The chords are just there cause I copied this straight from the file I sent my friend.)

I promise I'll crit back, I'm not a knob.

[fingerpicked]
C# / A# / F# / G#
C# / A# / F# / E X2

C# A# F# G#
Another drunken bastard passes out against the wall
C# A# F# E
As he lies, he wonders to himself "why did I drink it all?"
C# A# F# G#
Same Old Story every friday night
C# A# F# E F#
Get pissed, go into town and find a fight

[Chorus] [With plec, strummed]

F G C Am
But he didn't think of the dickheads with their maw's best kitchen knife
F G C Am
All he wanted was a fight - got stabbed twice in the side
F G E F
He had his face ripped open as he lay there on the floor
F G E F F7
Just had to lie and take it while they kicked him in some more

C Cadd9 Am Am7
Battered and confused he crawled, bleeding of the road
Dm F
Lay on his back, a bloody mess, and shivered in the cold
C Cadd9 Am Am7
November night and thought back to the warmth of the pub
Dm F G
Looked up then slowly closed his eyes and right then he gave up
F C Am E
Fighting for his breath, inside his lungs were f*cking sore
F C Am E
He knew his body really couldn't take the pain much more

F G Bm Am
Rolled over on his stomach, he looked up and saw the light
F G Bm Am
With his last words "f*ck you Glasgow" threw himself under the night
F G E F
Bus straight through to Easterhouse, he died as he grew up
F G E F
Throwing stuff at buses and longing for the pub

[Fingerpicked]
F G E F
He maybe didn't know that he would die out on his own
F G C
Maybe he did...

F / G / E / F / C / F / G /

Edit: the chords don't appear above the change positions...
Last edited by gregorisgod at Jun 30, 2006,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
hmmm... when I first started reading it, I was thinking "Flogging Molly..." but that turned really brutal... me ma's from Glasgow, and she's told me plenty of stories like this... good job

crit 4 crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385673

Thanks man, yeah I've been slashed myself (it's not a bad scar though) and it's pretty common.

You might have seen the knife stuff on the news recently haha.

Crit for crit - no bother.
Quote by gregorisgod
Thanks man, yeah I've been slashed myself (it's not a bad scar though) and it's pretty common.

You might have seen the knife stuff on the news recently haha.

Crit for crit - no bother.

I haven't, actually... but mum, when she was young, had to walk through Govan to get to work...:S she was threatened several times... but dude, getting slashed, that's bad
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I haven't, actually... but mum, when she was young, had to walk through Govan to get to work...:S she was threatened several times... but dude, getting slashed, that's bad

Aw right, it was for the knife amnesty. One of the reports partly inspired these lyrics.

Ah yeah, I know Govan, not well, but it's a dodgy area. Most of Glasgow is. Worst near me is Brigton and Dalmarnock, but I've been through most.

And yeah, it was pretty shit, it was in Glasgow Central Station with my girlfriend by like ten of them. Bunch of pricks.
It's not really my style, but it's good, and I like it. I don't have anything I'd like you to crit at the moment but when I finish writing this one song I'll post a link.
Quote by 40ozcasualties1
It's not really my style, but it's good, and I like it. I don't have anything I'd like you to crit at the moment but when I finish writing this one song I'll post a link.

Cool, cheers.

Yeah just post up a link and I'll crit.
Hey that is a really good song. It's touching and portrays the worse side of Glasgow really well. My Dad comes from Easterhouse and that is one of the worst parts of Glasgow which is a shame since Glasgow has the potential to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world if it wasn't for the fact they have the highest knife owner ship in the world.

So over all I really like this song. If you get a chance check out one of my songs in my sig not so you ng yet so childish though any of the last two.
Quote by mmm... ice
Hey that is a really good song. It's touching and portrays the worse side of Glasgow really well. My Dad comes from Easterhouse and that is one of the worst parts of Glasgow which is a shame since Glasgow has the potential to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world if it wasn't for the fact they have the highest knife owner ship in the world.

So over all I really like this song. If you get a chance check out one of my songs in my sig not so you ng yet so childish though any of the last two.

Cool, thanks man. I will do.
I like it. It's so...real, and raw. Not sugar coated. It's how it is. Good job
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome