dunlop 95Q crybaby wah pedal
ISP Decimator
Epiphone SG
Size?
Musical styles?
Tones your after/bands you listen to?
Kind of gutiar you're playing?
Where you live?

Taking into account that you haven't given any of this info, I'd suggest something nice sounding and versatile. Perahaps a Traynor YCV50 Blue. Great amps (all-tube, 50 watts). They don't quite have enough distortion for heavier styles of metal though (but they have a significant amount of gain either way, and an overdrive pedal will boost them into heavy metal territory). They go for about $750 US new. Other that that, the Peavey XXX Super 40 or XXX 112 would be worth checking out if you want a nu-metal kind of tone. For punk, blues, and clean tones, the Fender HotRod Deville is a great amp (although, not very much distortion at all). The Peavey Classic 50 is also nice for blues/clean tones.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Since all you have given us is your price range Im going to tell you to look at the B-52 AT 2-12 combo. I feel the amp is worth way more than you pay for it and can cover anytype of music you throw at it for 700 bucks new.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
this amp isnt for me, my friend wants to get an amp..... a good amp for like heavy, hardcore, metal music.... also he would probaby want to get an amp head, not a combo.... and what are some good cabs for not that much money????
Gear
mesa boogie single rectifer solo 50 head w/el34 tubes
4x12 recto cab
dunlop 95Q crybaby wah pedal
ISP Decimator
Epiphone SG
Last edited by darkness690 at Jun 30, 2006,
peavey 5150 and a carvin legacy 4x12.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Or, since 5150's can be hard to find, a Peavey 6505 would do the job. A used Peavey XXX would be a good amp head too.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
^ actually, i've been seeing hoards of 5150 heads and combos going on ebay for rediculously cheap.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile