I've gotten tired of recording through my computer lately because it sucks SO much tone out of the sound. I was going to get a decent mic (a Sennheiser e609), but a friend suggested that I could also use a PODxt. I have great equipment to use (atleast I think) - a MIA Deluxe Strat and I'll have a Super Reverb RI in about a week. I'm not exactly sure how the Pod works in recording, but I imagine it'd be really convenient. But, I'm not really an effects person. You could just give me a guitar and an amp, maybe an OD pedal, and I'd be set. My question is, should I just get the mic and use it, or spend about $100 more and get the Pod? Thanks for any help.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
if you're going to do A LOT of recording or live work, i'd get the PODXT. it's where it shines best
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Nobody else knows anything?

I've heard how the mic sounds, but does the Pod sound good when recording?
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I think the mic would be the best deffinatley if you dont want any effects. There could always be some tone suckage from the POD if you send the guitar and amp through it. You have a great guitar, a great amp (well you are getting one), and if you add an overdrive pedal (like you said) you would have a great recording.