ive been looking for something like jack black had in the movie school of rock. the little amp he had that clipped to his pocket in the classroom. i looked on google and didnt find anything
sig space available!
I think you are talking about this amps: Marshall MicroAmps.I don't know anything about this amps because I never played one, but they seem to be nice to practice.

Good luck with it.
No Signature
Theyre for looks, not for real. Yeah they make noise and all that...but theyre more of a novelty toy rather than an actuall amp.
Quote by Bensimon
Well, I don't know, some people like it.

Its just for fun...I was reading the reviews and people actually were writing things like "I couldnt get this to be loud enough for band practice" and "I couldnt hear it over my drummer"..things like that...its like helllooo its 1watt with a 3" speaker!
theyre mad fun to walk down the street w/ if u havew leik 2 guitarists w/ them. I have one and its got a nice little sound for the size. Buy it if you have an extra 30$ laying around. No big loss...
Check out my music *
Another groovy pocket amp you might want to invest in is the smokey amp. They started out by turning old cigarette boxes into amps. If youre a smoker, you can send them your cigarette box and they'll turn it into an amp. They also have a plastic model. Not many options, though. No clean setting, stuck on overdrive. Those little suckers can power a 4x12 cab for like... 4 minutes heh.

http://www.smokeyamps.com/
yea their just a little cheap amp made so you can conveniently play your electric guitar wherever you want. Their absolutely no good for playing in a band but theyre good as a small practice amp. Some guy at my school had one the other day and he was playin it in the hall. The amp didnt sound real good but as I said, theyre made strictly for convenience.
Yea, I think if you cant hear you with a 20 watt amp in a band practice, then with a 2 watt microamp... But I'll like to be walking in the street with the miniamp and playing my Lp when crossing the avenue :p that will be cool.

Just for fun you know.
No Signature
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
Its just for fun...I was reading the reviews and people actually were writing things like "I couldnt get this to be loud enough for band practice" and "I couldnt hear it over my drummer"..things like that...its like helllooo its 1watt with a 3" speaker!

link link?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Sloofus
Another groovy pocket amp you might want to invest in is the smokey amp. They started out by turning old cigarette boxes into amps. If youre a smoker, you can send them your cigarette box and they'll turn it into an amp. They also have a plastic model. Not many options, though. No clean setting, stuck on overdrive. Those little suckers can power a 4x12 cab for like... 4 minutes heh.

http://www.smokeyamps.com/

Just
No Signature
Quote by Sloofus
what?

Totally offtopic...What What? Quote!
No Signature
Quote by Sloofus
Those little suckers can power a 4x12 cab for like... 4 minutes heh.

haha dude i know! I was bored at work one day and i did that and it it didnt sound half bad!

but then the battery died...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=mini+amps

^ a bunch of different mini amps.
of the mini's. i like the danelectro honeytone amp, tone wise.

for best value id have to go wt the smokey.

the marshall is dead last.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have a marshall ms2.
I'm actually really impressed with the quality, it can go quite loud, has a good tone, and if you drop it, it's usually fine.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I tried the Marshalls with my fender and they were absolutely awful, even as a novelty, but as long as you leave it on the shelf and never use it or touch it (it feels REALLY cheap) it should be fine. . .

I've ordered a fender mini twin (Tweed!!!) for my trip to deutschland, it was recommended by the guy at my guitar shop, but hes just a pothead so???

All the minis probably sound equally ****ty, so just go for what looks cool to you.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Go for Smokeys......... they're pricey though !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
it's nice to have just with the headphone jack so you can play if your riding in a car or something and not disturb people.
My rhythm guitarist has a micro cube planted in his car......... I'm the lead guitarist and I don't even have a car ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
Okay about the school of rock question. Jack Black played through a Marshall MS-2. They aren't very good for the price. All your doing is paying for the name. The kid was playing a Fender Amp Can but again you pay for the Fender name(I know its kinda sad I can name every peice of gear I see). I like the Rockman but they are expensive and really won't get a sound other than the Boston sound. I also like the smokey. I install 9v jacks on mine so I can plug them into a transformer and power a 4x12 without worrying about batteries.

I also built a small tube practice amp. Its alot like the amp that Zinky makes although mine is small like the Smokey. That ****er gets hot though.

Hope that explained some of the questions
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by bluespunkmetal
My rhythm guitarist has a micro cube planted in his car......... I'm the lead guitarist and I don't even have a car ??

that is an EXCELLENT amp. Just can't strap it to your belt though. I would never get rid of my Micro Cube.
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
haha yep

Keep the faith, baby!!
yea...i have one its a dan electro...its so badd ass i got it a guitar center...it was only like 20 bucks and it has overdrive...it is so kool.you should definently get one.
The fender mini amp is rubbish. The MS-2, is, in my opinion, the best pocket amp. It's mighty loud for its size and drives pretty well.

The smokey amp is good too, especially when driving bigger cabs, but it's awfully quiet on it's own.

I used to have an MS-2, but it was 'borrowed' and I never saw it again. Now I have a Dean Markley mini amp, which is also loud, but breaks up a damn lot. It's not as good.
I have an MS-2, it's alright but if you turn it up too loud it sounds like complete crap. When you play in a quiet room the thing sounds really loud and really projects the sound, but when you're in like a noisy room or you actually do have a drummer nearby its nowhere near loud enough. It's a neat little toy, but I never use it, the only use might be if you say don't have an acoustic, or don't want to play an acoustic but need the portability.
I Have a Smokey mini amp and theyre quite good, and you can change sound and tone by just using volume, tone knobs and switching pickups etc. you can actually get quite a good range of tones. They Seem to work better with singlecoils though.
Yeh go with the micro cube it's almost like the normal cube's cept smaller. You cant clip it to your belt but you can get a guitar strap and use that.
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah
nice idea man..... Bout what about the power supply ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
Yep 6 AA bateries i think. It has an adaptor as well for home use.
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah
Sound wise, its like plugging into your ass. But great fun for running around and scaring people.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
Quote by bradbradbrad
Sound wise, its like plugging into your ass. But great fun for running around and scaring people.

what dont you plug your guitar cable up your ass
Personally, I regret buying it for playing with, sounds bad. But it does look really cool.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
I have a translucent purple one, I don't know the brand, but the clean channel sucks but the overdrive channel is surpisely well, it even has some fuzz. And its pretty loud too.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.