A Zakk Wylde wah with my bass.
Anyone else do anything unusual (equipment, way of fingering, etc.)?
i use a DOD FX69 (i think its that) Stereo Chorus with my bass
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
does that zakk wylde pedal pick up the basses low frequencies. i didnt think it would pick them up very well but i've never tried it so i dont know.
I used to use the Dimebag Darrell Crybaby from Hell wah.

I'm going to do soemthing unusual in that I'm going to have a fairly large effects build-up by the end of the summer (hopefully!) consisting of: Boss CS-2 > Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon > EHX Little Big Muff > Boss DD3 > Digitech Whammy.
haha
i play power chords w/ my knuckles to give them a slurred, wierd sound, blow on the strings adn tap the body for feedback, and use a 9 volt battery for whammy effects (i hav a hardtail bridge)
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
I arpeggiate three-note powerchords with my thumb, and strike two-note powerchords with my fingernails. I use a capo on my four-string. that's maybe it.
Another thing I do is flick a string so it hits the pickup to create a bootleg harmonic. Or if I have some distortion, pick scratch.
I play parts of barre chords. I guess my hands are just really strong, cause my action is high. I also use My Weeping Demon in guitar mode instead of bass mode.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
I used to use the Dimebag Darrell Crybaby from Hell wah.

I'm going to do soemthing unusual in that I'm going to have a fairly large effects build-up by the end of the summer (hopefully!) consisting of: Boss CS-2 > Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon > EHX Little Big Muff > Boss DD3 > Digitech Whammy.

is that a compression/sustainer?...is that a good compressor?...I thought it was for guitar...

because my LMB-3 isnt really a compressor and I want a good compressor to get a really...compressed sound, lol...What would be a good example of a bassist who uses compression?...John Myung?...I'd love to get a clear tone similar to his, should I get a good compressor for this?
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jul 1, 2006,
i use a two fifteen cabinet for my bass, btu i also use a sealed two inch cabinet with two ten inch subs meant for a car stereo system, i also run my wah after my big muff pi fuzz pedal, it makes a nonsensical wave of fuzz, also, i sometims switch the positions of my hands while playing, its all jstu for flash but i fret with my right over the top of the fret baord and reach from the side to pluck with the left, i usually jsut switch to it while playing jstu to get the crowds attention, and probly the last would be the time i had my old ibanez, the last time i palyed it befroe it met its untimely death, i used the flimsy neck joint to jsut bend the neck forward to act as a whammy, this of caorse was verry bad for the instrument, but thirty seconds latter i was smashing it agains the stage so, i guess it didnt matter.
yeah, i am listening to a string quartet tribute to radio head, adn you know what, it's goooood
Quote by XeNoCiDe730
is that a compression/sustainer?...is that a good compressor?...I thought it was for guitar...

because my LMB-3 isnt really a compressor and I want a good compressor to get a really...compressed sound, lol...What would be a good example of a bassist who uses compression?...John Myung?...I'd love to get a clear tone similar to his, should I get a good compressor for this?

The CS-2 is a discontinued compressor. The CS-3 is the current compressor/sustainer, but it's a piece of crap.
haha
is use an orginal cry baby wah for my bass and kind of keep it as my tone control because behringers arent that great for amp tones(especially the ones i want)
Ah

Ha
Quote by XeNoCiDe730

Every single song you've heard on a CD will have been compressed, maximised. Then , when you hear it on the radio they compress too ! So in the words of my sound engineering tutor.. the bass is "compressed to ****"!.

This is a good one... http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-TCE-VCP--brand-266.html

Bassbith has an amazing compressor, i will ask her what it is as she is banned. but i know it wasnt cheap..
I have double jointed fingers. Yunno the joint just behind your finger nail. So it lets me bend it back so it is parelle to my thumb which i keep perpendicular with my hand.

.o....------| - index finger
<---/.......| o=string
<--------- | - thumb

All in all it means I use my finger nail as a plec and i great control out of it.
I use a large vintage 12x12 cabinet that is from a church organ. don't ask how i got my hands on it but it is the best cabinet ever made. lol
I use a digitech synth wah envelope filter with my bass...its not built for bass though. Man i can get some weird sounds out of that.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by epy
I use a large vintage 12x12 cabinet that is from a church organ. don't ask how i got my hands on it but it is the best cabinet ever made. lol

12x12??!!!
holy **** how much does it weigh?
Mr. Allan wrote:
This is like saying you're not allowed to jerk off over the girl next door unless you have a license and written permission from her. Which, of course, is bullsh*t
I use a Z Vex Woolly Mammoth bass fuzz. It's hand painted so it's all purtified and beautiful. Also, bass fuzz is fun. Also, if I'm working on a song and can't be bothered to sort out a proper bassline, it makes rootnotes sounds pretty awesome for those lazy days...
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by Applehead
Every single song you've heard on a CD will have been compressed, maximised. Then , when you hear it on the radio they compress too ! So in the words of my sound engineering tutor.. the bass is "compressed to ****"!.

This is a good one... http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-TCE-VCP--brand-266.html

Bassbith has an amazing compressor, i will ask her what it is as she is banned. but i know it wasnt cheap..

thanks man, but damn, $200!...I paid less than that for my Hartke 300 watt amp head!..

But I'll definitely try some compressors next time I go to a music store to see if compression does what I imagine it does...

"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
I use two bass pedals but I also use two guitar distortion pedals. A Boss Blues Driver and a Snarling Dogs Tweed E. Dog Overdrive.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS