This is totally freakin' creepy, but in an awesome way.

And them being your favorite folk metal band isn't THAT hard is it? I mean, how many folk metal bands are just lying around for you to trip over?
Quote by Fargalas
This is totally freakin' creepy, but in an awesome way.

And them being your favorite folk metal band isn't THAT hard is it? I mean, how many folk metal bands are just lying around for you to trip over?

???? I happen to listen to a CRAPLOAD of folk metal.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Wow. I should have given folk metal a listen a loooong time ago. I thought it would have been something like Blind Guardians 'Celtic Spirit'(which is cool btw, I just wasn't interesting in anything to be strictly like that). Bad move by me.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
euh yeah very well known great folk band. Great atmoshpere to the music. Saw them live (yeah I was surprised to see them coming to Canada for only 2 gigs) and they killed.
moon sorrow is alrigth I own two albums of theirs but idkt he names cuz its not english and im too arrogant to bother remembering foreign words. BOth albums are pretty good when im in the folk metal mood
Quote by deadskinmask
Wow. I should have given folk metal a listen a loooong time ago. I thought it would have been something like Blind Guardians 'Celtic Spirit'(which is cool btw, I just wasn't interesting in anything to be strictly like that). Bad move by me.

I should have aswell, I thought folk metal would be like Bob Dylan with black metal vocals, heavy distortion and blast beats... Don't ask me where that idea came from. Then I heard one Ensiferum song on The Entropy League, and then I listened to a ****load of folk metal.

And Moonsorrow are ****ing awesomes. I love their song, Joomaltle Kerplunky.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
good stuff. has a couple of the same people as Ensiferium. heol telwen and eluveitie are my favorite folk/celtic oriented metal, but moonsorrow definately makes my top 5.
Ensiferium is much better. and there are definately many better folk metal bands.
Some albums get a spin every now and again, they're decent but nothing more.
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
Ahhh. Thank you kirkisking. I lost hope for Folk metal when I couldnt find any good bands.

Hurrah for thee.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Hehe, just thought I'd spread the good word about this band. I've been listening to them for a pretty long time now, and they're what turned me ON to folk metal.

My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days