hmm so i play bass, but i dont usually play like most people do and i dunno if i should learn to..i kinda pluck near the center of the body rather than all the way to the right side..umm yeah if you understand what i mean can you answer. hmm i guess i kinda pluck more like where you would on a guitar
Arrghh

Quote by fftl=love
why is everyone so ****ing mean on this website?
ok if you pick in the middle you get a normal sound, if you pick over the fretboard you will get a slapping sound (not like pop and slap but like your actually slapping the wood) and if you play right next to the bridge you will get kinda a steched distressed sound (sry if that sounds weird i havent actually figured out how to describe that yet)
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
hmm i get the full clear sound..i dunno if i should play the other way or not cause whenever i go to a show they play all the way next to the bridge
Arrghh

Quote by fftl=love
i dont know if your new to bass but if you are just play for a lil while and eventually you will be abl;e to play wherever you want and you wont really ven think about it. if you are not a new player you can probly already do that wheather you know it or not yet
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
I'm not clear on your question.
Gear:ESP B50 Bass , Ibanez Bass Practice amp, Dean Vendetta 4F , Dean TEVO, Epiphone Special SG, Dimarzio pickups, 30-watt Randall combo, 95Q Crybaby wah, Dunlop Picks, Dadarrio strings, MXR six-band eq.
it doesnt really matter, just find a sound you like
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
ive been playing off and on for like a year of total playing i dont like the twangy sound you get it annoys me lol
Arrghh

Quote by fftl=love
Quote by RIP Dime
I'm not clear on your question.

hes saying where should he pick it, like just for an example if you were one an acoustic would you pick right above the soundhole or next to the bridge
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
ok i like the full sound
Arrghh

Quote by fftl=love
twangy sound could come from alot of things (action, the strings you use, the amp you use) bring it in to a local guitar shop and let them mess with it, they can tell you better since they will actually be able to play the bass
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
alright bro well its getting kinda late so im gonna head out, if you have any questions bout more stuff like that or anything else on bass feel free to pm me, goodnight all
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
well the twangyness is from playing right next to the bridge well its not even twangy its just eh i dunno how to describe it..ill just play where i usually do
Arrghh

Quote by fftl=love