whats the lowest note on a treble staff? is it C or E cause im tryin to learn notation, and i wanna know where the low e on guitar is, on the treble staff. any help is appreciated
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
the low e is three lines BELOW the staff.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
its e as far as the acutal 5 line staff goes, but theres notes under it before it turns to bass clef
Last edited by OrderedChaos at Jul 1, 2006,
do you mean the actually bottom staff, cuz you can go below that you know
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
the low line is e but you can walk down to a low b, the c after that is middle c and like the other dude said, anything after that is the bass clef
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Quote by 94 hours
the low line is e but you can walk down to a low b, the c after that is middle c and like the other dude said, anything after that is the bass clef

^^ when you are going down on the scale C comes before B.

But middle C is the lowes note on the Trebble Clef. Which is the highest note on the Bass Clef.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
if you are looking at the actual 5 lines on the treble clef, then the bottom line is an E. the spaces spell out the word 'face' from the bottom up. that means the bottom space is f, and the highest space is e. you should be able to work out all the notes from that. but just in case, ill get you a picture.

that E on the bottom line is the same as the second fret on the D string. any lower and you are on the lines and spaces below the treble cleff. a good thing to note, the thing on the left (the G cleff) circles the G note. you should see how the curl goes around the line labeled g.
Quote by FadingRoots
the low e is three lines BELOW the staff.

it's the space below the three lines actually, but you do have a good sig
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
The lowest note on the Treble Staff is an E (Second fret on the d string). All the other notes are below the staff (above the Bass Staff).

The Low E on the Treble staff, as said before, is Three lines below the staff:

http://www.vsl.co.at/Data/IK_Notengrafiken/Scores/englischhorn_not_e.gif
(The first note on the second staff)
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...
thanks for all the help. i found another way to find out. thanks though and i meant the low e, below the staff, on a ledger line.
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
Last edited by moo453 at Jul 1, 2006,