here's a long song.
pretty original, i think.
i don't know though.
tell me what you think.
Attachments:
holy fuck.zip

I just want to sleep forever.

Last edited by Grovermans at Jul 1, 2006,
The title says it all "Holy ****"! That was really cool and great and how long did it take for you to do this because goddamn 11 minutes!
i did it over the course of a few nights, and i wrote
the bass on the car ride up to my cottage today.
i did the first like. few minutes in like. one night.
and i added on to it for a few days, for no longer
than a few hours each night i guess? i don't know.
it really doesn't take me too long to write songs.
once i get into writing it, it all comes pretty easily.

I love how you can take subtle dissonance, blend it with melody and make it sound perfect.
Referring to the Verse at bar 19 there.

I really liked the Verse with the following clean interlude. That sounded really good.

[The first] Breakdown sounded good. Not the typical breakdown.
The following bridge probably shouldn't be repeated so many times. Maybe a little more variation?

The Post Chorus at [L] sounded really good.
The next bridge is a little different. Not liking that much.
Again, this breakdown is very different. I like it though. Very good.

I really love that main theme. The intro/verse line. It sounds so great.
Loved the interlude after that aswell.
I like how the next verse goes. It's much faster, which seems like a really good change.

I do not like the straight 8th notes in the rhythm during the solo. That sounds really cluttered and messy and bad. Though I did like the actual solo. Usually not one for tapping solos, but this sounded decent.

Overall, sounded damn good.
A definate Grovermans Classic.
Spiral Out
thank you very much.

i think i'll change the rhythm in the solo.
i'm not quite sure why i used straight eighths.
i'll change it to a nice rhythm and everything.
and you're right about that one bridge being
repeated too much; i think i'll add some variation.

thank you very much, monsieur.

Yo Groverdude.
Mind giving my latest WIP a look?
It should be at the top, or near it.
Much thanks if you do.
Spiral Out
I rather enjoyed, the first reminded vaguely of song that I can't remember. I'm curious are you a Opeth fan some parts of song have their kinda of feel. I hope that isn't insulting to you. I also have to say a wow at the chorus to bad the midi adds unwanted noise, it would sound even greater.
Ok, this isnt really the kinda thing i'd normally listen to, but this is goddamn sweet, i'd love to hear a proper recording of it. Particularly liked the pre-chorus part at bar 97 and the geetar solo, nice to see a solo in heavy music that isnt just showing how many notes you can play in a second. Good job man, keep it up.
Quote by guitarbreaker
I rather enjoyed, the first reminded vaguely of song that I can't remember. I'm curious are you a Opeth fan some parts of song have their kinda of feel. I hope that isn't insulting to you. I also have to say a wow at the chorus to bad the midi adds unwanted noise, it would sound even greater.

nahh. i like opeth, but i don't listen to them.

I can hear some Opeth influence in it. Ahaha, Grovermans for death metal songs!!!

but in all seriousness. It was a great tune, the chorus was sexy, the riffs were beyond amazing. Melody and dissonance blended perfect together. Everything in this song was sexy. Grovermans, you are sexy.
Section M is awful. Scrap it. It's the only thing of yours that I've ever thought "sucked". other than that, great work once again.
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
Wow...all I can say is amazing use of harmony and metric modulation. I have to agree with madmudgen about section M though. Those half step harmonies sounded fingernails on chalkboard dissonant rather than musical dissonant. I think half step harmonies only sound good when you do let ring arpeggios, like you did earlier in the song. But when you have sections friggin A through W, skrew section M . Overall that was incredible...a truly epic piece.
wow amazing.

im a fan of all your stuff. like seriously, i actually look for all of your power tabs and i download just to listen to them. keep it up