So today I will begin my 21 day program of improving my tone and accuracy.

I will play everything at drop dead speed with the notes being accurate and pro sounding.

I will continue that way for 21 days, and take a look at my results.

I will be playing scales and scales and scales and scales and The Flight of the Bumble Bee

Hopefully by the 21 days, I will improve a lot, because being accurate is one of the most important qualities for a GOOD shredder.

Please feel free to provide any comments or advice that you want to share to aid my progress!

Z0MfGZ0rZz!1!one! I PwNz0r3D $T3v3 V41 1N 4 gU1T4R Du3LZ!!1!1!1!one!1!11!leleven!1!!!
I'd advise you to take a good hard look at your technique before attempting something like that.

Have you got any had habits? Any un-wanted stress? Are you using the correct picking motion? Look at your technique, analyse it and fix any problems, then under-go the 21 day programme.

Why? Because our brain perfectly remembers what we practice correctly, but it also perfectly remembers what we practice incorrectly.

If you have any bad habits, all you're going to be doing is re-inforcing them and making them harder to eradicate further down the line.

Have you read the thread on the 21-day programme? It has alot of good advice, examples and should clear up any other questions you have.
Exactly, for these 21 days I will be eliminating most of the bad habits.

That is why I am doing the drop dead speed playing.
Quote by Invictious
Exactly, for these 21 days I will be eliminating most of the bad habits.

That is why I am doing the drop dead speed playing.

Playing slow doesn't necessarily mean playing properly. Id you have a bad habit, and you're going to play slowly for 21 days, or you're doing is playing with a bad habit, slowly. What I meant was for you to analyse your technique before taking on the 21 day programme.

When you're sure your technique is up to scratch and you're doing everything like you should be - then take on the 21 day programme to re-inforce them into your playing.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Playing slow doesn't necessarily mean playing properly. If you have a bad habit and you're going to play slowly for 21 days, all you're doing is playing with a bad habit, slowly. What I meant was for you to analyse your technique before taking on the 21 day programme. When you're sure your technique is up to scratch and you're doing everything like you should be - then take on the 21 day programme to re-inforce them into your playing.
It's true that playing slowly doesn't necessarily mean playing properly. However, it's also true that most bad habits are the result of attempting to push for speed.

This issue has come up many times with my own students, Invictious. My experience leads me to believe that, once the 21-day process slows and focuses you, you'll spot and begin work to correct these bad habits pretty quickly, if not immediately.

We all should appreciate Johnljones7443's red flag, but my recommendation would be to go ahead and start the 21-day process. Be super-observant for anything that sounds, looks or feels like a bad habit. When one pops up (and it will, almost invariably), discipline yourself to correct the technique immediately and completely before moving on.

I hope this makes some sense. Good luck!
gpb
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
There's a interview of Satriani on Total Guitar Magazine that he said when practicing try to play whatever you attempt, at a speed that you can feel comfortable. Practice for 1 hour then leave the guitar and do something else, then play it again and you will feel a little improvement. If you try to nail a lick more than 1 hour you will get worst cause you need time to let your brain and muscle memorize whatever you playing. Someone have done this before?.
21 days? but i want it now!......

EDIT: im sure ive used that joke before
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by El Cumanés
There's a interview of Satriani on Total Guitar Magazine that he said when practicing try to play whatever you attempt, at a speed that you can feel comfortable. Practice for 1 hour then leave the guitar and do something else, then play it again and you will feel a little improvement. If you try to nail a lick more than 1 hour you will get worst cause you need time to let your brain and muscle memorize whatever you playing. Someone have done this before?.

yes that works, when ever im at my guitar lesson with my teacher and he teaches me a lick, if i can't get it he'll tell me to put down my guitar and relax for 10-15 minutes and i just watch him shred, then after that i pick up my guitar again and im usually able to play it much better than i was previously able to.

another example is I learned the solo for "living after midnight" by judas priest, and was playing it for about 30 mins but i kept being sloppy and messing up the bends, so i put down my guitar and went to a friends house, played some games, after about 1-2 hours, i picked up his guitar and was able to nail the solo perfectly without even thinking about it..
Good luck threadstarter, I tried this program with the pentatonics for an hour a day and it does work. I never got up to insane speeds at the end (that might have required another 21 days which I wasn't bothered doing) but I did gain some and my accuracy improved a lot.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
doesn't drop dead mean like fast? i mean drop dead gorgious is extremely hot, so wont drop dead speed be like extremely fast?

Have you read the thread on the 21-day programme?

where is it? i'd like to read it.