I just bough a new oe30 delta king from Musiciansfriends and the two top strings rattle, I think i might be coming from the bridge but I'm not too sure though? Is this normal? Will it change if I swap the strings for something else? Can anyone help me with this or should I send back the guitar. Thanx in advance,

From one confused guy.
Only the fool can become King.
when i bought my Brian moore guitar about 3 years ago, i had to tighten the nuts on the machine heads to stop them rattling, make sure every thing on the guitar is tight
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
when i bought my Brian moore guitar about 3 years ago, i had to tighten the nuts on the machine heads to stop them rattling, make sure every thing on the guitar is tight

that shouldnt be right

i think that's what he means. the lower arrow points to the tuner.

unplug the guitar and shake it. see if the noise comes from the headstock or the bridge.

if u think its from the bridge, (sounds like it is), then also check the intonation screws, if one is rattling then shove a Qtip, tip under the little spring.

if it rattles when u play then consider it might be fret buzz like said^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hmm, the more I try to find the sound I can only hear it from the fret board I also tried all the frets and they still buzzor, Im goin to get a second opinion later. Could it just be the strings?

like said sounds like fretbuzz.

u loosen the screws on either side, that will let u move the thumb screws, pointed to by red arrow. raise up the strings a little and u might get rid of ur buzz problem.

knowing where the buzz is, is important tho, in case raising the action doesnt work. it can help determine what the problem might be.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Hmmm, starting to get really pissed off. I played around with plucking and found out most if not all the strings buzzed, Im starting to think its a bridge problem. I'll attempt this action raising, what do I need to do is there instructions?
^isnt it a TOM bridge like the one pictured above?

if so then the instructions are.
1. loosen the screw above the red arrow on either side of bridge.
2. the thumbwheel, pointed to by red arrow, will now be loose. turn it.
3. raise the wheel to raise the bridge, lower the wheel to lower the bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

since we really werent getting anywhere! i decided to do research of my own. and its a hollowbody so yeh it does have the t.o.m
Haha sorry about that, I decided to try the string theory first. Change the string the rattles a smaller but its still there. And I found out the ringing is round the brigde it got clearer after i changed the string. And sorry about that aznguitarist I really do appriciate the help.
Last edited by Kidtheory at Jul 8, 2006,
Hey jj1565 do I have to remove the strings first when I adjust the Bridge? and should I higher or lower the bridge?
ah damnit now it sounds like its from the headstock. Ill tell u guys by Sunday where its ringing from, Im goin to bring it to a friend to ask where its ringing.
if it was the strings rubbing a fret, then u would have left the strings on and raised them up a little.

if the noise is coming from the headstock. make sure the nuts on the tuners are tight. like others have said, the nut is pointed to in the first picture i posted.

if its not a (mechanical) rattle but maybe the strings buzzing in the cut of the nut while u play. u can fix that too. but if ur unsure u can let ur friend take a look.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

It was the strings rubbin on the frets I think, so how far can I raise it b4 its too far. And what happens if i mess up the raise?
well first which frets are it rubbing at? and is it when you play open or you when you fret a note?