who is the fastest guitar player in the world?
Im not sure if this is the right place so correct me if you must.
i recon james hetifield is a pretty fast down picker any way wanna commet
Jesus had long hair, and he was all like For those about to rock, I salute you.

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

Member # 24 of Metallica Mensa

President of the Daron Malakian is God Club
pm me to join
GAH! stop stupid threads like this. there is no test of it!
you can say malmsteen,petrucci,vai,"the dragonforce guy", shawn lane. but there is nothing that says someone is faster than another.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
GAH! stop stupid threads like this. there is no test of it!
you can say malmsteen,petrucci,vai,"the dragonforce guy", shawn lane. but there is nothing that says someone is faster than another.

NPS?
haha i rem someone mentioning paul gilbert when he use a drilling tool to play with it
Ummm, Shawn Lane was SUPER fast, Michael Angelo, Rusty Cooley, Derryl Gabel ummm...... Frank Gambale and some other guys within the type of genre..... I cant say any are faster than the other though.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=57q5zdvMw58&search=shawn%20lane
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Francesco Fareri is the highest we've clocked, bu remember, thats a very simple lick, played very fast, where some of the other guys like Holdsworth, Lane and Cooley are playing complicated licks at lower, but still very high speeds. I know what I'm more impressed by.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Michael Angelo Batio
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Michael angelo batio, Ygwie malmsteen, Herman li, EVH possibly, paul gilberts pretty fast from what i've seen, i odnt know many fast players, well in the league of these people anyway
These threads pop up once every 4 or 5 hours.
Start handing out bans to the threadstarters please..

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
add Buckethead to the list, he's quite speedy.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
there are records for the fastest sweep picking, fastest alternate picking, fastest tapping, fastest legato, e....t....c....stop posting these bloody threads and go to that link up there^
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Speed doesn't matter, its all about feeling.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by nirvana_freak01
i recon james hetifield is a pretty fast down picker any way wanna commet

true, one of the fastest rythym guitarists,

and to thread, everyone is fast at something different
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
There is no fastest guitarist that we know of.There may be some kid out there that we dont know that is the fastest on earth.
Quote by OneloveSkater
There is no fastest guitarist that we know of.There may be some kid out there that we dont know that is the fastest on earth.

Well I doubt he's a kid, more like someone whos been paying since he was 8 and is now 50, but other than that I agree.
Dickless.
Quote by amazingdm
why is music about being the fastest?
this makes no sense to me as a new player..

IMO being able to play incredibly fast means that more moderate stuff will be so well within your skill level that you are able to play it in a technical sense without having to struggle or put that much effort into it, and then you can instead focus on accentuating it by adding emotion.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
amazingdm ,

Omg, you noob. You piss me off..... "shredding is gay?"

What the hell is that..... This is coming from a person who just started playing guitar......... You've never even researched into shred, or its origins and players who do it..... What the hell?

You think shredding is gay because you probably know that you will never be able to do it, and your jealous.

Amazingdm, you make all these claims about guitar in general, when you know nothing about them. You have an american strat and you cant even play, and your already wanting another guitar.... (for different styles) LMAO!!!

If you didnt have that in your sig, i would have gave you a nice brief overview of shred, ( good shred/bad shred ) , but instead im telling you this.

I dont mean to be an ass on ANYONE on the forums, because i like to be atleast decently respected, seeing as how im going on a year being here and like most of the people here and hope i get the liking in return, but dude...... Shredding on a guitar is not your claim of" shredding is not talent, its like fingering 2 piano notes " or whatever the hell you said before.

Shredding on a guitar takes TIME, PRACTICE, and DISCIPLINE. Its not something your going to pickup, and the people who are good at shredding get very well respected for it because theyve' practiced their asses off to get where there at. I warm up on my guitar all day, and practice with a metronome for 2-4 hours every night getting my speed up, then i see a little punk like you who says "shredding is gay" with outany real or legitiment reason behind your statement..... Why dont you practice your guitar for about 2 years, then come back to UG and contribute something useful.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by j120strat
its a three way tie between me, xenn99 and danno13"oats"

haha

Bravo on the rant ClassicAxe. You>AmazingDM.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Some of these new metal guys are pretty quick, but it can get annoying fast. I was watching the Guitar World DVD on hard rock, and the guy hosting it did a solo at the beginning on a Jackson that just sounded like ****. His trem was taking the thing out of tune and you knew he was showing off. As for classic rock, James Young from Styx was really fast, as was Peter Frampton at times.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
^
If you're talking about Andy Aledort, you lose.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by j120strat
i can shred......i just dont feel like it right now.

Yeah..uh...same here...I am a l33t roxxorz shredder, but I just prefer not to shred...yeah. I'll stick with that.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by amazingdm
why is music about being the fastest?
this makes no sense to me as a new player..

shredding is gay
CORRECTION: shredding is MEGA-gay

Like i said before, your just jealous... You dont even know how to play guitar..

Official n00b
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by rds0811
IMO being able to play incredibly fast means that more moderate stuff will be so well within your skill level that you are able to play it in a technical sense without having to struggle or put that much effort into it, and then you can instead focus on accentuating it by adding emotion.

yep, being good enough so you can play anything you want to without trouble.
Shredding is sick, but not all shredders play good SOUNDING music. It may sound cool, but does it sound good? A good guitarist is in the eye of the beholder. I was never ever interested in Guns N Roses, or Metallica or all the fast pickin bands like that.

It depends on your style of music, I enjoy playing fast chords and rhythm.
jeff loomis,alexi laiho,zakk wylde,kirk hammett,kerry king,dimebag darrell,steve vai....
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
I dont like playing fast with my right hand... I just use my left for hammer-ons and pull-offs... I can get pretty fast sometimes and I like to play fast that way cause it doesent sound so damn metallic... I hate metall by the way...

80's rock n' roll rules !! (guns n roses) <3
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
SRV...hands down fastest most feeling into his music EVER.... hes just gotta be the most eletric player ever, he like, never stops pasuses or even shows any sign that hes going as fast as he can, i think he could probably have been the fastest player in the world had he not died at a tragecly young age...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.