hey guys. i was just wonderin when you all got your first serious guitar, like how long you had been playing for when you decided to stop usin ur old squier and got a standard epiphone lp or sumthin like that.

peace.
started with acoustic.... but when I started with electric I got a vintage Fender Mustang

it was my fathers
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Im still playin my ****ty yamaha. Had it since I started playin cause I cant afford a better guitar. I just lowered the action so its good enough for now.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
In my opinion Standard Epiphone LP aren't really proper guitars.

But my first (and only) proper guitar is my Fender Telecaster, which I bought in January after playing for 2 years.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
I'm about to buy an RG1570 after 1 year and 8 months of playing and gigging on a GIO Ibanez GRX40...
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
i got ma first properr guitar about 2 years ago, before that i wasnt interested when i got one, but i decided to take it up after a got ma electric one
i started of with a wee acoustic..called ''falcon''..didnt even have a name on the head stock..it was on a stick inside the guitar...but..i wanted the distorted sound..i my parents picked me up an Aria..then i wanted to go heavy..so i got an ibanez K7..then i wanted ''a good guitar''...so i got a schecter 007 blackjack..and have a schecter hellraiser c7 on order
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
I got an Ibanez RG1570 after 6 years of playing my trusty squier..i know have an indie isp and considering getting an italia maranello
Man kills everything
After a year of playing an encore strat **ss take and a yamaha acoustic, i purchased my gibson les paul dc.

Remember, if you buy a good(electric) guitar, you will need a good amp!!!
My first guitar was a pretty good Yahama acoustic, i was playing that for about a year and a half before i bought an American Fender Strat.
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
As I'm not rich the most 'serious' guitar i've had is a Dean Baby V, that was after 7 and a half monthes of playing, but i have progressed well so i bought that
First guitar was a Yamaha ERG121, A few months after I got a Wesley MEG9212 (Which is coming to the end of it's life, shame, it's an awesome guitar and I got for £89 new from ebay, RRP about £200) and in February I got myself a Fender Jaguar. =)
I got my Washburn X30 (which I love) one year 6 months after my first Squire
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
1st guitar was a nice Washburn acoustic that my dad handed down to me. 6 months later i got a Cort G200 strat copy which does the job. 6 months later i got a pickup put in my acoustic so i could use it at gigs. And a year after that (2 years from when i started playing) i got my epi SG deluxe.
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah