Is it posibe to do? Well, it must be possible, but is it possible to do with parts from your local electronics store?

Anyone tried, or know of anyone who has triesd this?
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
It's illegeal, i researched it myself sometime ago. There was a guy who did it and was sued for thousands. The manufacturers who make the wireless products have to pay for the airspace they use.
But you can do it with a walkie talkie and a lead :P

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
damn, is that for the same reason that you cant use those ipod radio transmitters?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by BodaciousBob
It's illegeal, i researched it myself sometime ago. There was a guy who did it and was sued for thousands. The manufacturers who make the wireless products have to pay for the airspace they use.
But you can do it with a walkie talkie and a lead :P

not sure entirely about laws in different countries but usually there are some laws that let you build/operate transmitter that only goes as far as 20 yards or so without any registration and stuff like that. It depends on what frequency range you're transimitting.

Overall its not worth it you're aiming at getting a useable peice of equipment, just get the $200 and buy one. If you're doing this "just for the hell of it" then go ahead , but I'm really clueless about radio circuits so I can't help you
Quote by seljer
not sure entirely about laws in different countries but usually there are some laws that let you build/operate transmitter that only goes as far as 20 yards or so without any registration and stuff like that. It depends on what frequency range you're transimitting.

Overall its not worth it you're aiming at getting a useable peice of equipment, just get the $200 and buy one. If you're doing this "just for the hell of it" then go ahead , but I'm really clueless about radio circuits so I can't help you

quick heads up but someone stole your avatar https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5829794&postcount=926
it was just going to be a "because i could" type of project. looks more difficult now i've looked into it though!
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by AndyPandy
Argghhh! double post!

Anyone know if something like this could be modified to work, before i go and spend £50

Thanks,
Andy

what circuit are you looking at.
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
sorry, forgot the link, its there now
Quote by Dave_Mc

it says at about the middle of the page:

Accessories available separately:

WN67X - Instrument Cable, a lead terminated with a mono 1/4in mono jack plug allowing instruments etc to be connected.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
my god, i am a retard. thanks for pointing that out.
Quote by Dave_Mc

No problem. I hope it works out.

well i am currios what is into building a wireless unit that works for like 200 feet or less
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
I don't see why you would waste your time unless you are really that cheap. Wireless has enough problems even when you buy a professional unit, so I imagine a homemade unit to be even more unreliable. If you are really serious about having the wireless than I wouldn't build one I'd invest the money in a good one, but if you're not I really don't think building a wireless system is worth the time, money, or FCC risk.
Well you can fashion one out of a walkie talkie or a radio.

Get the transmitter from a walkie talkie, plug it into your guitar, and the reciever onto the amp, and start playing.

i don't think it works though.
hmmm, sounds complicated
Quote by Dave_Mc