i'm thinking about trying BlueSteel, but don't know. Looking for strings that are good to play songs from SRV, ledzep, CCR, whitestripes etc... light or extra light?!?

i'm not new to guitars, but suck at strings and accesories. Ernie ball was what i was using before, but now im using storebrand strings.

My guitar is a Epiph. les paul, if that helps!!!!!
string guage is a personal preference, theres no "best guage" for any type of music. Just use what's best for you

as for brands id say try

DR PURE BLUES

Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

i think that SRV uses heavy gauge strings and has pretty high action... not really light or extra light strings...
the heavier the strings are, the fatter and stronger the tone. anyway, i've just changed my strings from 9's to 10's and tuned 1/2 step down. seems nice, not hard to do bends at all, but better sounding than 9's...
btw, if you change the string gauge and keep the same tuning you might need to adjust the truss rod...
Last edited by 666_Belial at Jul 1, 2006,
You'll probably have to experiment until you find the sound you want.
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
i just got an epiphone les paul too and im still using the stock strings but im gonna change them soon. does anyone know what guage strings are on them from the factory?
Quote by xsirtalkalotx
i just got an epiphone les paul too and im still using the stock strings but im gonna change them soon. does anyone know what guage strings are on them from the factory?

Probably .09-42's