Is there any software out there that allows you to record whatever you are hearing through the PC speakers? I think I heard someone in the forums talking about that but i cannot recall the thread
...what? do you mean like music on the computer? or did you plug in your amp/mic/whatever and you want to record it?
Theres audacity, which is a free download. You can record through line in, what your computer is playing, as well as other things
Quote by rayIII
...what? do you mean like music on the computer? or did you plug in your amp/mic/whatever and you want to record it?

I'm sorry i didnt make it clear enough, what im trying to achieve is to be able to capture the sounds that Im hearing at the moment in my computer
Last edited by raphæl at Jul 1, 2006,
Well, you could simply record it on a mic, or get a cable from your headphone socket round to the back of you PC to the mic socket (kinda like a loop). I dont think the quality would be so good though.
no need for cables or any physical connections...in a program like Audacity that lets you choose your recording source (Mic, Line In, etc.) there should be an option along the lines of: Stereo Mix, Wave Mix, "What U Hear" (for Creative Audigy). select that and record...it will record whatever is playing.

whether it works for DVDs i think depends on the combination of the setup of your system and which audio track on the DVD you use. but, if that's what you're trying to do it's worth a shot, and more likely than not it should work.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com