I'm looking for a guitar with a quality trem system but I woulnd't know how well they work so can you help me out..?

• Floyd Rose-licensed double-locking tremolo
  • ZR tremolo bridge
  • Edge Pro bridge
  • Zero Point tremolo
  • or am I better off with just a regular bridge?
Member #5 of the The Haunted fan club.
Quote by amped00
I'm looking for a guitar with a quality trem system but I woulnd't know how well they work so can you help me out..?

• or am I better off with just a regular bridge?

That depends, are you going to use the whammy bar a lot? If you just use it for light vibrato every now and then, there's no point having a Floyd of any kind. But if you want loads of divebombs and stuff, then you'll need a locking bridge.
well i will probably use it moderately... not every 5 seconds
i don't really change tunings that much... consistently at B (2.5 steps down)
Well I don't know what you mean by moderately but like I said, if you want to use it more than just flutter it a bit then you'll probably want a locking bridge.
Speaking from experience, Edge Pros (not edge pro IIs, just the edge pro) are AWESOME. I use it a lot and I hardly need to retune. I think the original Edge is meant to be good too.

As a general rule, anything referred to as a "Licensed" Floyd Rose will (usually) be cheap and poorly made and will not prove to be a good investment, but Official Floyd Roses (OFRs) are high quality reliable pieces of hardware.