A whammy bar is a metal rod that comes out of your guitars bridge. You can push it down and the bridge comes out of the body of the guitar.
This makes the strings more loose, and therefore makes the pitch deepen.
Been away, am back
^nice
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
and if makes a wammmy sound
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
i lost my whammy bar somewhere in my room, after hours i still can't find it ffs.

eddie van halen usses it a lot
Last edited by Merten at Jul 1, 2006,
And there are double-locking whammy pars that you can either push down or pull up, which can lower and raise the pitch of your strings.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
they dont actually come out of the body as mentioned above it actually just raises the ass end of ti up a bit
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
^twould be funny if every time you pressed the whammy bar the bridge just popped out and fell to the ground. . . Or shot out and hit someone in the eye. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by alex_haeni
And there are double-locking whammy pars that you can either push down or pull up, which can lower and raise the pitch of your strings.

demonstrated perfectly by Herman Li...literally picking the guitar up by the whammy bar...crazy bastard, my bridge would shatter if i attempted that...well, maybe it's cuz i have a s***ty guitar
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.