I was shopping for a new bass and i came across the SX SJB-75C
( http://www.rondomusic.net/sjb75c.html ) and i have a few questions about it (the natural finish one.)

1. On the pickguard, close to the neck, off to the right side a bit, there
seems to be a little black rectangle. I was just curious as to what this is, is
it a pickup or a pickup selector or ??

2. Over the bridge and the pickups there are those crome covers. What exactly
are they and would it be possible for me to take them off/put them back on
easily at home. If i were to take them off would the screw holes be very
noticable on the bass?

thanks a bunch. id get this one but i wanted one with black block inlays. the sjb-75C seems to be the same thing except with those crome covers and that rectangular thingy (the site says the pickguard is white even though in the picture of the 75C its black.)

thanks a bunch for your time
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
The chrome ones are thumb suports for playing. And the black one is a finger suport.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
The one going over the strings are for to rest your thumb on and to use your: pointer, middle, ring and pinky finger to do the strumming all that stuff but if your into slap bass and all that I suggest you take that off and the screw holes wouldnt be that noticeable because the holes are in the pickguard not the guiar itself. I would just put the screws back in so there arent holes there, even if they do not support anything.

Im pretty sure the black rectangular thing is a finger rest of some sort too.
Yeah, the black thing is to rest your fingers when playing with your thumb, also take-off-able. I just learned that too.

And the model your looking at will come with a white pickgaurd, even though it has a black one in picture.
1. It's a thumb rest.

2. They should come off. My dad used to have one of those old Jazz Basses with those chrome covers and he took 'em off. Not too sure about this one though.
ok sweet, thanks everyone. and yeah i know that its a white pickguard, but i dont mind one bit.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
seeing those made me want to start saving up. are they any good? or are they just beginner basses