ok so i recently repainted my guitar and i like the finish but the inlay (the little dots) look kinda out of place. how hard is it to reinlay a neck? what kinda tools would i need? where could i find inlays or how could i make my own? could i just take out my old ones and redo the holes and use epoxy to custom make the inlays? how would all this work, im kinda clueless.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
you can custom make the inlays by ordering a large sheet of abalone or pearl and cut out each in lanlay to your liking with and exacto blade... you can get this at stewmac.com but other then that i dont know what tools you need
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by metalmilitia74
could i just take out my old ones and redo the holes and use epoxy to custom make the inlays? how would all this work, im kinda clueless.

Yes, except that isn't as easy as it sounds.

You can get precut inlay shapes from www.stewmac.com, and www.lmii.com or you can buy inlay blanks if you want to cut your own inlay shapes.

You will need a dremel tool with a router base, a super small router bit for your dremel (old dentist drills work good for that if you can get your dentist to give them to you) some superglue or epoxy, sand paper, some chalk, and an exacto knife. If you are cutting custome shapes then you will need a few more tools.

I don't have to to describe the whole how to do an inlay thing right now but I'll try to remember to do it later if somebody else doesn't chime in 1st
Not taking any online orders.