is there such thing as a 'glow in the dark' pickguard?...are they only availably off the internet?...and if they arent being produced, is there some sort of paint or somehting i can spray onto my pickguard i have now to make it glow in the dark?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Yes, they're available. I suggest you go on a gear site like Harmony Central or whatever, or pay a visit to your local guitar store. The store is always preferred. And yeah, you probably could just pick up a regular can o' glow-in-the-dark and paint your pickguard.
That seems really tacky, unless your a member of the misfits, flashing LEDs would be cool though!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
maybe i am a member of the misfits, maybe im...jerry only...doesnt he play bass?...i dunno i dont listen to the misfits...but anyway, well it might be a little tacky, but the pickguard i have on it now is mint green, and looks glow int eh dark, but it doesnt...but i think it would be cool to get one that did..so ill look into the glow in the dark paint
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
maybe i am a member of the misfits, maybe im...jerry only...doesnt he play bass?...i dunno i dont listen to the misfits...but anyway, well it might be a little tacky, but the pickguard i have on it now is mint green, and looks glow int eh dark, but it doesnt...but i think it would be cool to get one that did..so ill look into the glow in the dark paint

Is that the malmsteen sig? I think they are the only ones with mint green.
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
nope, its an Austin..haha...but not a cheap one...i likes it...i just want the pickguard to glow so it will be more customized
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

I've just ordered a mint green pickguard from fender, so you don't need a malmsteen to get it. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

you can always paint a pickgaurd glow in the dark
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
yeah thats my plan to do now, seems like it will be alot cheaper
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^new pickguards cost like 20 bucks, and if you paint it it might all come off. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

its possible yes, but plausable?

No...

alright that made little to no sense, and yeah the paint might peal, so...well fine, ill buy a damn new picguard.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^ good boy.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

The paint will def come off when the pick scratches off it...get a new one
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Squier Standard Strat
Takamine EG522SC Electro Classical Cutaway
Marshall MG100 DFX
Marshall Mini stack
you could buy a clear pickguard, and paint the underside with e glow in the dark paint
if playing the guitar is a crime, then please hang me
It'd be cheaper to go to Home Depot or somethign similar, buy a big enough sheet of Lexan (scratches more easily than acrylics, but doesn't snap as quickly) and cut it out in the shape of your pickguard: that'll cost $5.

then yes, paint the underside with glow in the dark paint. Several places make it, it shouldn't be hard to find at all. Some people paint in the inside of Maglite lense assemblies with it, so you have a glow when you turn off your light.