Hey guys, I'm in the market for a bass stack, and I saw the Laney RB8 (or whatever theyve changed it too now) and 4x10, 1x15 cabs going cheap, They look solidly built, but how do they sound? are they reliable?

I play a fretless 6 string bass, a Fender Bass VI and two Fender-alikes (a P-bass type and a Jazz bass type) I play basically every kind of metal, every kind of rock and I like dabble in various other genres. I'm liking the tone of Flea, the guy from A7X (even though I despise the band), the guy from coheed but I despise Les Claypools tone (dont flame!)

Also, would placing the 15 on top of the 10's drastically effect the sound? Most people put the bigger speaker on the bottom for better bass, but I want the bass sound to hit you right in the chest, so would elevating my cab help?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
my laney Rb3 is built like a house, lmao. erm, putting your 1x15 on the top won't affect that much, although it will like you say fire at their chests rather than their feet

the guy from coheed is Mic Todd btw
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I suggest rather than getting Laney, you try ashdowns, they're slightly more expensive but far superior amps.

Having said that, Laneys are good quality amps for the price.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
I'm liking the look of ashdowns, I was also thinking 1x15, 2x10, 1x15 for a full fontal spread of of bass
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Pedricko
I'm liking the look of ashdowns, I was also thinking 1x15, 2x10, 1x15 for a full fontal spread of of bass

Maybe, but you have to realise, (as I foudn out when going to buy one) ashdowns are very deep sounding amps, I inteneded to buy a 1x15 but it was too bassy and boomy no matter what EQ I set it at. I bought a 4x10 amp it's fantastic. however if you want a 1x15 and 2x10, get the 2x10 from ashdown and go somewhere else from the 1x15
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
I tried the laney at a friends today, that tone is subtle, but sits well in the mix (just a 4x10 cab), I also tried trace ellilot, which I loved the sound (and footswtiches) of but I found the slap tone to be VERY 80's
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!