How do u tell what sixteenth notes, eighth notes, quarter, half, and whole notes are with it? and can someone sort of give a brief explanation on bpm on the metronome.
Well, assuming you set the metronome to 4/4 timing:

Each 'tick' is a quarter note. If you play 2 notes per 1 tick, you are playing 8th notes. If you play 4 notes per 1 tick, you are playing 16th notes. If you play 1 note per 2 ticks you are playing half notes. If you play 1 note per 4 ticks you are playing whole notes.

Is that better?
BPM is beats per minute
So at 120 BPM in 4/4 timing, quarter notes would take a half a second, half notes would take a full second, et c
ne pvgnemvs
if i were playing 16th notes would this be how it looks?

beep x
x
x
x
beep x
x
x
x

x = pick
Quote by Archaon
Well, assuming you set the metronome to 4/4 timing:

Each 'tick' is a quarter note. If you play 2 notes per 1 tick, you are playing 8th notes. If you play 4 notes per 1 tick, you are playing 16th notes. If you play 1 note per 2 ticks you are playing half notes. If you play 1 note per 4 ticks you are playing whole notes.

Took the words right out of my mouth. So yes, precisely.
^exactly
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by skybl4ck
if i were playing 16th notes would this be how it looks?

beep x
x
x
x
beep x
x
x
x

x = pick

Yep.

-KR
You can do any time signature with BPM

Well if each click is a beat then if you were playing in 4/4, there would be four clicks in a measure and if you played one note per click, you would be playing quarter notes.

If you were playing in 2/2, and you played one note per click, you'd be playing half notes since in 2/2 time, the half note gets one beat.

Make sense, or am I confusing with my bad explanation skills?

-KR
sort of confusing me, but if i put it at 80 bpm or 138 bpm, could i still do 4/4 time by a quarter note being each click
Quote by Jonny182
sort of confusing me, but if i put it at 80 bpm or 138 bpm, could i still do 4/4 time by a quarter note being each click

Yes, the number of BPM doesn't affect the time signature. What affects the time signature is how many beats are in a measure and what each beat stands for (quarter note, whole note, etc.)

-KR