I'm looking at either the Digitech or the Boss. Basicly, I need a pedal that will add a ton of sustain for under $100, preferable one that I can get at Guitar Center, seeing as I'm going there tomarrow. Thanks!

-Daniel White
Try some out.

Some people love the Boss, then some say it's unnecessarily noisy, I've played one and it seemed nice and funky.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by MastaBassist10
Well, I'd like to know what to try out when I go over to the music store.

Try them both out. How are we supposed to know which one you like better?
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Try them both out. How are we supposed to know which one you like better?

It would be nice if you guys recommended some different ones, cause I hate going on store recommendations.
Quote by MastaBassist10
It would be nice if you guys recommended some different ones, cause I hate going on store recommendations.

'hmmm...15 year old n00b........oorrrr experianced employee....what to choooosse...'

no offense Derek. You pwn me at knowledge of...things.
That's the thing, there's not many more for your price range, most other ones are boutique and pricy.

There's also a really cheap Behringer one, and a Line 6 one, but the Boss would probably be better than these.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
That's the thing, there's not many more for your price range, most other ones are boutique and pricy.

There's also a really cheap Behringer one, and a Line 6 one, but the Boss would probably be better than these.

I guess I could save another $50-$100, what then?
Quote by R_H_C_P

the Behringer one isnt that bad at all. And for 20 bucks you might as well pick it up and see how it sounds on your gear.
Obviously going and trying them out is needed, thats the default answer, but this forum is for discussions. I use a MXR Dynacomp, and I couldn't be happier. You may want to check these out
^Yea, it's not exactly gonna' hurt your wallet, but try a load first of course.

And MastaBassist10, do you really wanna' spend that much on a compressor?
If so, there's now:
Electro Harmonix White Finger Compressor
MXR Dynacomp
TC Electronic Vintage Compressor
Toadworks Mr Squishy Compression
Vox Cooltron Snake Charmer Compressor
Aphex Punch Compressor

But remember I'm in the UK, so availability/price might be different.
Don't be afraid to care"

Hmm, I've not tried a compressor with both types of amp, you?

I can imagine the amp type making a bit of a difference, but if he likes the sound that's all that matters.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Hmm, I've not tried a compressor with both types of amp, you?

My little experiments when Im bored at work have shown that it really doesnt make that much of a difference on SS amps. It adds a little sustain, not a lot...and it doesnt 'compress' the sound like on a tube amp. Pretty much the only sure way to get more sustain out of a SS amp is more distortion!
^.

You work in a guitar shop? You complete bastard.

And I've only tried a Boss with a Blues Jr and Strat (t'was a big wall of boss pedals) sounded nice and funky with the bridge. And let me tell you, a phaser, an autowah, a compressor, a tremelo, 2 chorus' and 2 delays sound amazing together lol.
Don't be afraid to care"

Another amazing comp is the EH Black Finger, much like the white finger, but with dual valves and a bit pricier. Id definitely check it out.
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
^ doesnt he have a SS amp though?

I do, but it responds to playing and such like a tube amp would. This is more for my bass, though.
How is the Aphex Punch? I know Tim Commerford uses one, and I love his tone, but he also uses a plethora of custom and handbuild effects, cabinets, and basses.
^Have you tried any, and which ones are good? Obviously the Ashdown, but does Digitech make a good compressor?
^ next time i work (wednesday probably) ill try some out. i have the boss and the digitech at work. as well as a behringer one. and then ill get back to ya.