Ok guys i bought a first act accustic guitar and I realy want to learn to play it. I dont want to pay for any sorts of lessons (basicaly self teach my self) So I was just wondering if there is any good sites out there (maybe even this one) for learning to play guitar basicaly step by step. or some other helpful sites.
Thank you.
FallenAngel
Search Google....
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Try easy songs on this site, and find out what Picking, Alternate Picking and Sliding is.
What are the basic and start with a song thats easy and you like, or skip first and start to learn.
Good Start (Mine) was Kriptonite by 3 Doors Down
\\>Viva Los Tioz<//
I want help and I came here because some friends from other forums told me this is a nice place to learn to play guitar. So i want help i am not going to delete, i am gona keep posting until i get an answer. For person who said search google"i did and i didnt get any good results so i came here for help from people that know good sites"
for person who said learn some simple songs"i am not even at that level i only know so far like 3 cords thats it so i am looking for sites to teach and make guitar fun" so thats that and i am still looking for help
For the people that helped thank you but i am not at the level to learn songs so i need some good sites for noobs about some basic cords, songs with those cords etc. for gods sake maybe even like "mary had a little lamb"
So please i realy want to learn to play guitar and sometimes i just get bc explanations are hard and i put it down for a couple of months but i want to stop doing that please help me.
Ok we are going somewhere, where can i find the single string songs (thanks for getting this far) and for my guitar person hater person i am sory but i am 16 and i cant afford like 500 dollar guitar and i am new and i dont want anything expensive so please dont say things like that. but i am still looking for help (including the single string songs) thanks for people that help and for people being mean go to hell lol
^what the **** is your problem, you dont hate someone because they bought a beginner guitar idiot
Quote by 44clbrluvlettRX
wow i hate u!!!!those guitars suk alot...get a real one if you really want to learn,

Please stop raping the English language.

To FallenAngel,

Congratulations on picking up the guitar - stick with it and you'll enjoy yourself for the rest of your life.

You could pick up a guitar book, like a Hal Leonard book, that takes you through basic stuff, like rhythm, chords, notes, etc.

You could also just start learning songs you like, but it would be hard to develop proper technique without a guide (a teacher or something like that).

You should always strive to practice good technique - don't have any excess tension in your muscles, play with the guitar on your left leg, etc.

VINDICEDIT:

FallenAngel, what kind of styles of music do you play?

If you're more interested in hard rock and heavy metal, you might want to get an electric guitar instead.
well gregson talked about having simple string songs so thats what i guess i will look for but i am not sure where to find them. I listen to a lot rock but i listen to a lot of singers/bands that use accustic like Daniel Powter. So i will also chck out guitardomian site and google for simple string songs. thank you for many people that helped including: guitardomain, vindication, gregson, sebo and gibson_rocker13 and gnr_rok
Okay fallen angel when you go onto ultimate guitar theres a little box in the middle of the page. Type in one of the songs someone earlier suggested (Come as you are, smoke on the water, seven nation army) then click the one with the highest rating in stars next to it. You may need to search the forums on how to read tablature so do that if you need to.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
On this site there is a lesson section at the top of the page. Just look around in there for a while. Also, here are some other sites I found:

http://guitarsecrets.com/exercises.htm
http://www.cyberfret.com/index.php
http://www.musictheory.net/index.html
http://www.zentao.com/guitar/
http://www.licklibrary.com/

and if you don't know how to read tabs yet, go here:

http://www.cyberfret.com/reading/internet-tab/index.php

Good luck!

EDIT: Yes that site you posted is good, I used it when I just started to.
hey all, im absolutlely rubbish at play guitar so far i cant even p-lay a fulll length sone, i have an Les Pual Custom, and i love it too bits, it mot prized poseesion but i can't afford to get lessons and i want to self t4each but so far i haven't found a song that i like and that is practical for me to learn.

so any suggestion on where to start would be gooooooooood thank u. im looking to play some good old, old school metal and some lovely old school punk, thanks again

stephan
Quote by stefro
hey all, im absolutlely rubbish at play guitar so far i cant even p-lay a fulll length sone, i have an Les Pual Custom, and i love it too bits, it mot prized poseesion but i can't afford to get lessons and i want to self t4each but so far i haven't found a song that i like and that is practical for me to learn.

so any suggestion on where to start would be gooooooooood thank u. im looking to play some good old, old school metal and some lovely old school punk, thanks again

stephan
This would be a good place to start.
Quote by 44clbrluvlettRX
wow i hate u!!!!those guitars suk alot...get a real one if you really want to learn,

0mfg wtf l0lz u lyk t0tl13 0wn3d h1m!

Grow up! He asked for fucking help! Not criticism on his guitar! I hate noobs like you, and so does everyone else.

Quote by 44clbrluvlettRX
Vindication -but it feels so good!
GnR_ROK -yes i do...duh thats y i said it.

Grow the fuck up! The only person who does that anymore is 6DEATH6METAL6 but he was banned because he was ignorant and stupid, and couldn't back up an argument. I hope you face the wrath of one of cas's bingo nights...

In answer to the question...
Well, you could start with scales, I guess, if you give me your email address, I'll email you some scales as soon as I can.
Quote by Anton Szandor LaVey
He who makes a beast of himself takes away the pain of being a man.

My Lyrics:

Silent Oblivion
Last edited by We_Wont_Die at Jul 2, 2006,
Quote by We_Wont_Die
0mfg wtf l0lz u lyk t0tl13 0wn3d h1m!

Grow up! He asked for fucking help! Not criticism on his guitar! I hate noobs like you, and so does everyone else.

Grow the fuck up! The only person who does that anymore is 6DEATH6METAL6 but he was banned because he was ignorant and stupid, and couldn't back up an argument. I hope you face the wrath of one of cas's bingo nights...

In answer to the question...
Well, you could start with scales, I guess, if you give me your email address, I'll email you some scales as soon as I can.

i am not a noob this is my like 7th account and im probably gonna get banned again.i have been on this sight for 5 yrs...beat that bitch!
www.cyberfret.com
That's a good one, I learned a lot of techniques from that site.
www.freelicks.net
This is also a good one. He plays songs and solos, and then breaks them down into sections, with videos and tab.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by 44clbrluvlettRX
i am not a noob this is my like 7th account and im probably gonna get banned again.i have been on this sight for 5 yrs...beat that bitch!

What makes you nooby is the fact that you are bagging out someone because they are learning guitar. You may aswell bag someone out for being black, it's just fucking pointless, and achieves nothing except you getting flamed and the slight lowering of the "offended's" self esteem.

I hope you get banned.

Edit: Also, what is the point of learning on a "real" guitar, for instance a Strat or Les Paul, if you don't know how to play properly? What the fuck is the point of spending $3000 AUS on that guitar if you know about three chords? He might even give up guitar because he doesn't like it, then he's stuck with a guitar he can't play and no money.
Quote by Anton Szandor LaVey
He who makes a beast of himself takes away the pain of being a man.

My Lyrics:

Silent Oblivion
Last edited by We_Wont_Die at Jul 4, 2006,
listen to alot of guitarist and adjust to different genres of music so u have many infuences, im self taught and i learnt from classical music and bands like megadeth and pantera, old blues, punk, metalcore, reggae/ska and many more styles, trust me, it helps