I'm having trouble learning the shuffle in all it's awsomeness at the beggining... any tips from any of you guys that have learned it?
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
I learnt it without much trouble. It'll sound like ass the first few times you try it but you get into it pretty darn quickly. Just keep playing it and you'll get it. It's just note-mute-note-mute-note-mute etc. etc.

Now Pride and Joy, that is a ****ing impossible shuffle to play!
haha I never really thought pride and joy was hard at all.. unless your joking but it's hard to tell, after all its the internet
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
alot of people think keeping the back beat to the shuffle is a hard thing to learn. drummers hate them worst of all. personally it was the first thing I learned. Shuffles are my thang if you know what I mean.
I'm getting better at it. But i admit i find it very difficult to hit the high strings correctly each time.

But like i said, rude mood came pretty naturally to me so i guess it's just diffrent styles for diffrent folks results in diffrent challenges.

Cheers
-Falcatarius
I can finger everything no problem. It's just hitting ONLY the 3 high strings after each note of the shuffle. (the back beat, as you mentioned before)

I can play it perfectly finger-picking. But when i use a pick i'm still bad at it. (but again, i'm getting there)
when you play it. play the entire thing and rake the other high strings as you finger the bass notes. It's just a groove. Watch him play it. It looks like his hands are bouncing.
God i hate shuffle rythms..
The only thing that helped me was to go for it realllllly slow, and just build up speed.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
going slow is harder than going faster. check out youtube for a mark knopfner lesson on how to do the shuffle. it's the same as cold shot.
What tabs are ya'll using for Pride and Joy, and Rude Mood, the one's from UG?? If you have some accurate tabs that aren't on here can you post me a link or somethin please.
the tabs are accurate. It's ur rythm trust me. if your not playing it right try playing strumming backwards instead of up, down, up, down.... go up, down, up, down