I've been playing 8 monthes, i can do chords, scales, solos, riffs, all sorts, i go to lesson every week where i learn songs and when i get to a new technique in a song i tackle it then ad finish the song, i play loads of deifferent genres but mainly metal and some bluesy type stuff, most other stuff is too easy.

But, now i just need to know ways to improve my skill, speed, sound everything.
I'd buy some new equipment but I'm only 13 so jobs are out of the window, but my equipment isnt nesecary for now (until my band takes off at least)

Anyone got any got practice to improve speed, skill and whatever else?
Yeah and improvising around scales helps with quite a few things too
Originally posted by: rich sg
And God said unto Jesus: "Son, is there anything you want to talk about?"
And Jesus replied: "Get off my back, Dad! Judas Priest your such a frickin' homophobe! FACE!"
And so Jesus was crucified.
I'm not too great at improvising, some-times when I'm warming up with some basic scales (mainly pentatonics as black sabbath use a lot of pentatonics in their playing) i can get a good improv going but other than that i'm not to great, is there any specific warm-ups or excersises that'll help me pick and fret faster?
its ok, i'll just keep an eye out for any DVDs out in shops, i really need to get my speed up though, i can play all this stuff but the faster stuff is really lost on me, like i though dragonforce through the fire and flames would be a nice challengs but i am nowhere near that fast
just try it a little more slower than those then eventually taking up speed...
that'll help too... I tried that on the first solo of Fade to Black...
Quote by Punk_Ninja
i really need to get my speed up though, i can play all this stuff but the faster stuff is really lost on me, like i though dragonforce through the fire and flames would be a nice challengs but i am nowhere near that fast

One word: Metronome

Although Dragonforce really is a bit fast for someone who's been playing for 8 months
As i said earlier not much money so a metronome is out the window, plus i'm better than a guy i know whos been playing for 3 years so i've got to be good
I would recommend working on your improvisation too, since you have assessed that this is one of your weak points.