What bands will take over Metallica, Iron Maiden etc place in 20 years time?

Page 1 of 5
So who. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
off on a diff topic i was thinking 1 time that the offspring was like our generation ramones and rancid was our generation the clash. offspring have their own sound and voice like the ramones, and rancid tim armstrong voice sounds alot like the clash' lead singer
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.

I would sig that if the character limit wasn't 250 characters...

I have no idea though, I don't listen to metal at all apart from some Metallica (I mean; who can resist Master of Puppets?) and Iron Maiden, so... Probably Avenged Sevenfold and some other band...
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
that was random... but ON topic, i think it'll be Avenged Sevenfold and maybe Bodom or Trivium
If it's Avenged Sevenfold then there's no hope for music in the future. It'll all be overrated bollocks that everyone sucks up to.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by victimized124
that was random... but ON topic, i think it'll be Avenged Sevenfold and maybe Bodom or Trivium

I think Bodom are a bit too far into their career.

hmm, depending on where they choose to go, i wouldn't be surprised if it was trivium, or maybe Dragonforce?
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by Duff_McGee

Sigged.

Edit: I bet it will be Avenged Sevenfold. Their new cd was very mainstream and now everyone knows who they are. So chances are the majority of the population think they are the new metallica. I like A7x but they shouldn't be thought of in that way.
Last edited by Leonheart at Jul 1, 2006,
a7x is gonna pass in a couple more years i think not many of the bands today have much staying power
There's no real classics anymore in any genre of music.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Not one of those bands could replace Metallica. Dragonforce however, might be a suitable replacer for iron maiden
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
It will be me, of course. Your best bet is to start getting my autographs about now.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
I don't know about that, man. Their good but I don't think they go as far as to take over Metallica or Maiden. I think Trivium has a really good shot at that though. I like KE but I don't think they have a chance beatin Trivium in a popularity contest. This may be a little off topic, but it's about the popularity of band's so....... I really think that Wolfmother will go somewhere as well. They remind me (I know I'm gonna be thrashed for sayin this) of what AC/DC was like. It was metal, but it was the kind of guitars and beats and singin that everyone can listen to. Not like Trivium though, I mean I'm a huge fan of 'em and all but, it's only a certain majority of people who can really get into it. Pretty much the same as Metallica. Went back to the topic there. But yeah I really have high expections for Wolfmother.
Last edited by 555666 at Jul 1, 2006,
Quote by darkwarrior2010
off on a diff topic i was thinking 1 time that the offspring was like our generation ramones and rancid was our generation the clash. offspring have their own sound and voice like the ramones, and rancid tim armstrong voice sounds alot like the clash' lead singer

No.

And I think maybe the threadstarter is right, although maybe I would replace A7X with Children of Bodom, because many metal fans seem to hate A7X.
I think my band will be the next Metallica....actually no they wont cos we dont have a troll bassist! Our drummer is as amazing as Lars tho..*cough*...
Quote by Duff_McGee

Exactly, as soon as Metallica dies or Megadeth, judgement day will be upon us and a band of new heroes will have to arise to save the earth.
~To live is to die~
Quote by Tubey

me neither, and depending on how they pan out, I think children of bodom will if they carry on as they have been, released quite a few records in their time already. Maybe some more accessible death metal bands will have a big influence on future music as well
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Personally I know this sounds stupid but I don't think ''anyone'' will be replacing the old bands, like the hippy era and glam rock that died out in the early 80s and the short lived grunge in mid 90s I think modern rock is going to die out soon and replaced by some new genre, heh who knows what it'll be, space age techno? Oh wait we had that...
Quote by darkwarrior2010
offspring was like our generation ramones and rancid was our generation the clash.

Just comparing these abnds is an insult to both the ramones and the clash
Quote by Frazle Snazle
Me and Simple Plan.

SIMPLE PLAN????!!!!!........Oh my God.....ahhhhh.....noooo......dude if you like 'em thats your own way.......but they will NEVER be the next Metallica...NEVER. EVER.
well i always feared that rock will disapear but theres always new bands that save the world i dontcare if they are emo, rock, glam, metal as long as they have distrtioned guitars a good drum and melodic singing but yeah i love both trivium and a7x!!! but no one can replace any one i dont like metallica a lot but men they guitarrist sure kick ass men
Quote by 555666
SIMPLE PLAN????!!!!!........Oh my God.....ahhhhh.....noooo......dude if you like 'em thats your own way.......but they will NEVER be the next Metallica...NEVER. EVER.

I have a strange feeling that he was joking...
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Quote by Tubey

I love both bands, but I doubt it.

To replace Maiden, i'd probably have to go with Dragon Force. These guys are extremely talented, and I could really see them doing well in the next few years.
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
Opeth.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
All the bands now suck we are gonna live in a good-musicless world and 4 million rockers will commit mass suicide.

EDIT: To Duff McGee, Metallica has already ended, but they are starting to come back.
Last edited by Phantom_Patriot at Jul 1, 2006,
Quote by sockboy
I think my band will be the next Metallica....actually no they wont cos we dont have a troll bassist! Our drummer is as amazing as Lars tho..*cough*...

is he as big a dickhead too?
if so, your band is S-C-R-E-W-E-D.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
There isn't going to be a new Metallica or Iron Maiden. I think they're kind of style is unrepeatable. Besides, most bands should have their own style if they want to become legends, right? Or at least have a mixture of a bunch of different styles which soon enough becomes unique.
Sent from my iPad.
I hope it's not a7x and trivium cause I can't stand them.
Questions of science,
Science and progress,
Do not speak as loud as my heart.

Page 1 of 5