Page 1 of 27
So yeah, they're a local band from my area. Quite personally, I think they're rubbish, pure and simply, just shit. They started a band only a few months ago and they just blew up and now they're signed to Rise records.

Check their myspace: www.myspace.com/tdwp

Maybe you guys can tell me what's so fucking great about them.
Poor advice.
because stupid kids listen to them because they have a cool name.

they are also local to me and i think they suck terribly.

maybe its the keys
haha well it doesn't help that you're linking us to them and giving them more plays.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
they're from my area as well

butttt... i like em alright. "And the Sentence Trails Off" is definitely their best song imo.
hahaha
it's fun to watch hardcore bands with keyboards live.

Why?
Nothing greater than the joy of someone trying to look really aggressive while playing the same instrument Elton John plays
the name is horrible
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
i'm from lima, ohio so i saw them quite a few times before they got signed and everyone went prada-crazy around here. they arent that great. they are unoriginal. they are friends with The Heartland, however, who are absolutely amazing!!!
Quote by jazzmetalguitar
i'm from lima, ohio so i saw them quite a few times before they got signed and everyone went prada-crazy around here. they arent that great. they are unoriginal. they are friends with The Heartland, however, who are absolutely amazing!!!

Yeah, my friend's band (Sea Turns Red - amaaazing) is embarking on somewhat of a tour with them, and Sea Turns Red are trying to get my band booked on it, which I'm worried, because my band stylistically is no where near as heavy as there's, but they dig us, so it's nice of them to request that we come along.
Poor advice.
I like them a lot. i live in Toledo, so i might be able to catch a show.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
I dont think they're anything special. It's predictable, and anyone could pull it out their butt.
the first step to revolution is conciousness,
so i won't stop screaming at you until this all makes sense.
theyre not that bad
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by FaultySanity
I didnt think they were too good until i heard the end breakdown in "dogs can grow beards all over" (weird name, i know).

Its on their myspace, take a listen.

Sup rolf? ahah i didnt know you were on hear, just take a guess who this is, anyways fo sho that brekdown makes me wanna beat off the big one
i'm in the process of making a cover of one of their songs in mockery of them...i am from their area...i hate them
i know them...and i hate their merch guy....like i have a personal hatred for him....idk...it is pointless but i am practicing my recording techniques....and it wouldn't hurt to make stabs at ppl i hate while i'm at it
they are pretty good, very generic, but not bad
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
i clicked on this thread cuz i thought it was about the movie....

as for the music...

ehhhhhhh
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by jazzmetalguitar
i'm in the process of making a cover of one of their songs in mockery of them...i am from their area...i hate them

maybe you hate them because they are more succesful than you?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
Sounds like someone is jaded because their band is still stuck without a label.

And they're ok. Definitely not original or unique, but not bad.
^yep I agree with that
Quote by BillyGoth
Sup dudes, I'm stoned as **** and I want to make a bad ass mix of metal bands like Atreyu, Trivium, Funeral For Friend and **** like that. So get some suggestions dudes...Later
I thought this was going to be a stellar movie review

EDIT: I just realized we are in the hardcore forum.

...how did I get here?
High as tits
Last edited by Suicidal_Brick at Aug 1, 2006,
Well i like 'em.

Though in live videos, parts that ive watched, the flailing around is unnecessary.
lol thats the only thing i like about them. the flailing in the videos. i think its fun to watch. and im starting to enjoy them a little more too.
I don't have a problem with them.

I mean they may do some generic stuff, but atleast they're good at it. They are a very good live band. There are many worse bands, who actually claim to break musical barriers down and whatnot, but deffinitely don't live up to the hype. Atleast these guys don't hype themselves for more than what they are.

They're all really cool guys to hang out with too.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
They played a show near me and a bunch of people are freaking out about how awesome they are. A band with a few of my friends in it played...and they're so much better than TDWP. haha
ehhhhhh, **** em. just don't listen. I don't like that **** either, but what can you do?
theyre pretty good, better than a lot of bands
they have a ridiculous amount of breakdowns on there cd, the one in dogs can grow beards all over is awesome though, i gotta say
I like them, i think they are a really awesome band live, i just dont see why people come here and bitch about them, i mean yeah you dont like them, but stop crying about it, if you think your band is better than theirs, why arent you signed or even why dont you have a huge following?