I am really new to this whole guitar thing. And i got a guitar not more then a month ago and the pic board is craking and i would like to change it but i am not sure how to go about doing that. PLZ HELP?!?
what guitar do you have?
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
the pic board? you mean the pic gaurd is cracking, then you got a bad guitar, do you have a warenty on it?
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
teh lolz @ n00b...but seriously...just take out all the screws on the outside of the pickguard...

wait...waht kind of guitar do you have?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

dont you jstu pull them off?...i dunno...maybe there are some screws on the inside of the pickguard...i dont know...i havent taken my strat pickguard totally off yet...lolzsry

kthxbye
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

thats what i thought cuz like my dad has like 80 guitars and all his just pull off but he is out of town this week and i cant get ahold of him
Wow, i wish i had a dad like yours.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
You just pull them off...you might have to get a shirt or something and slide part of it under..then pull hard..
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Quote by MetalMilitia212
wouldn't the pickup selector also be a problem?

And lol @ the OP for breaking a brand new $500 guitar

lol yeah, what thingys? at the end of the guitar? do you mean the bridge?
Thanks everybody i figured it out. THey were just on there really well i had to use a screwdriver to get them off.
The problem with strat pickguards is that all the electronics are ATTACHED to the pickguard, hence you can not just take the pickguard off. My solution, buy a new pickguard.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)