Who here uses them?

You know like ebows, masses of effects.

I use two high-power magnets to get cool slides out of mine.
just...learn to play the guitar properly first then try all the crazy ****. although i will recommend a whammy pedal to you. i like ebows but i dont have a professional use for them so i havent bought one and btw, two high power magnets Will **** Up Your Pickups.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
I dont use the magnets near the pickups.

i think i will buy a whammy, but first im buying a fretless.
some slap variants, off-board bends, fretting and pulling the string away frome the fratboard, behind-the-nut bends...
I learned how to sweep on my bass.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
Quote by Names_mud
I learned how to sweep on my bass.

sweepings fun here's the full list of kewl experimental stuff:

whammy bar scratching
artifical harmonics
harmonic slides and hammer ons
tapping
polyrhythms
my own take on les' flamenco style
billy sheehan's neck bending
off neck- bending
fretboard slapping (slap directly onto the frets... looks cool more than anything)
probably some other stuff that I personally wouldn't call experimental
I can bend the string up 2 steps. W00t! I also play diads and triads, either by flicking the strings, flemenco-style, grabbing the strings and letting them go at once (Commerford-style), or playing with my thumb. Flatpicking is cool, especially for string skipping. I slap harmonics and I'm learning advanced drum theory for my bass rhythm.
I use a pick, and scratch artificial harmonics while using a ya-ya effect. It's just used as a background though.
I can't remember the bassists name - but he uses TWO ebows (one for each pair of strings), hipshot de-tuner bridges and tuners, and a 36 fret, fretless bass

He uses a bow to I think, he's in one of my bass mags at home, ill update you when I go home
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
This is kind of a minor one but... While playing fingerstyle, I slap the string with the end of my fingers while muting a string to simulate a slapped mute while playing fingerstyle. It is a very sharp mute, and stands out much more than a normal fingerstyle mute.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
I sometimes use my friends Ebow, sounds seriously nice. For those who dont know, an ebow gives you indefinite sustain. nice.
I plug my bass into my SYB-5 and then use an ebow on it.

very Emerson, Lake and Palmer sounding

with an octave pedal I can almost do the ending to "Lucky Man"
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
I've been experimenting with sliding up into tapping. Also on my left hand, hitting all four strings and sliding up. I've also been working on a pop harmonic done all from the right hand.

And something I've been trying to get down for a while, bending harmonics.

Something I do on a regular basis, using my index finger as a pick.

But to me the best technique you can learn is how adjust your tone/volume knobs on the go.
Oh I have one I have been doing recently, since I have my Ibanez PD7 and Boss Compressor now, its using distortion and slap/ or finger style - hammer on harmonics (thats what I call it) where you play/slap a open (say the G string) and hammer on really lightly onto a harmonic position.
I've been trying to apply a Resgueado-ish type of strumming stroke on my bass to get that classic Spanish tone when doing rythm patterns for my band. I tried to apply it on my 4-stringer before but it sounded too muddy. Once I got a 6-stringer though the higher notes sounded closer tonally to that of a classic guitar so I got a better sounding strum. I've been playing around with tapping and polyrythms too and a bit of Jazz...
originally posted by PulseUltra

Alright... I'm fairly new to the guitar and I keep messing up... do I put my fingers between the strings or on them or what?