i know theres a million of these threads and im soory, but i could really use some help.

my rig right now is and ibanez sz, my amp is a little crate 15w amp with a behringer bg412f cab, i really need a head to go along with it.

im aboutto sell myold esp to my friend for 300$ but i can brobably earn and get around 4-500 to spend on a head, i play mostly metal and hardcore:shad fall, log, unearth, slayer, old metallica etc etc, but i also want to hav decent cleans, FX arnt a big concern cause pretty soon im planning on buying a podxt live, but i want still want the head to have good distortion

i've been looking for awhile and there was a randell for abot 250 or so that looked really good but it got discontinued on musicians freind, i've also looked at some hughes and kettner and som eof the g3 rancells but im not sure, i really dont wan to spend for then 3 or 4 hundred but if i hav to i could probably spring for around 5

all opinions and thoughts are welcome, thanks
-Ryan
Gear
Ibanez SZ520QM, GAB
ESP LTD M-200FM, See thru Black
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock, Black
Crate GX-15 (gonna change that soon)
Behringer BG412F
And a few pedals
You want a tube amplifier, and with your budget you don't really have a good selection of even semi-decent tube stacks. With the head, you also need to buy a speaker cabinet, don't forget that. I got my Laney GH50L head for $450 on ebay, and my Carvin Legacy 2x12 for about $350. It's an incredible combination, with amazing distortion, even at low volumes. The cleans aren't really jazz cleans, but I think they're the best cleans I've heard out of a setup this affordable.

So think about that, but also consider a tube combo. The Peavey XXX 40 watt is in your budget, as are used Peavey 5150/6505 combos off ebay.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
you might be able to get a peavey XXL head, and an avatar or carvin cabinet off ebay. the XXL head can be 25, 50, or 100 watts, so youre set for home practice, and some smaller live shows.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
alright thanks for the comments, im not specifcally looking for a tube head i figured that with the money i hav id be looking at SS. i'll try and look into the peavey 6505/5150 . i've always liked them i just figured theyd be out of reach money wise, but i would definetly like to rtry it i know unearth uses them aaswell as evh i belive. 1 question though.what is the difference betwwen the 5150 an dthe 6505? also wats the difference in the plus versions?

also it seems like u guys a just recommending a new cab, should i just go and try sell my cab and look at a better one? if i were to get a tube head will it really hurt the tone thatvmuch using the behringer?
Gear
Ibanez SZ520QM, GAB
ESP LTD M-200FM, See thru Black
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock, Black
Crate GX-15 (gonna change that soon)
Behringer BG412F
And a few pedals