i searched the forum and couldn't find really anything on these. so i'm going to buy a new acoustic and my budget is anything under 600, but i played a bunch of ibanezes and alvarezes and then this briarwood fl-1 that only cost $190 and it was the best guitar there. are all briarwoods really good? i was shocked at how well it played and sounded, especially for the price.
Muddy Waters invented electricity.
Quote by thegreensquall
i searched the forum and couldn't find really anything on these. so i'm going to buy a new acoustic and my budget is anything under 600, but i played a bunch of ibanezes and alvarezes and then this briarwood fl-1 that only cost $190 and it was the best guitar there. are all briarwoods really good? i was shocked at how well it played and sounded, especially for the price.

These guitars are made/distributed by Peavey. The FL-1 is priced as low as it is because the top, back and sides are laminate (plywood)...that doesn't mean it won't sound good, as you've already discovered, but guitars with at least a solid top (usually spruce or cedar) tend to improve with age and playing more then laminates do. Some things all-laminate construction usually brings to the table are more strength and more resistance to environmental changes (temperature/humidity).