personally, i like single pedals, instead of multi effect processors. what kind of music do you play, what amp, and what guitar?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
i bought that when i started out and it was great and amazing to learn on. i was able to experiment (make your own patches) with many different effects so i could decide what single pedals i would actually wanna buy when i got better
i have an ibanez RG, a little crate GX15 which im gonna upgrade to a powerblock, and i play ska,garage,bluesy and metal on the sides
I have the original version of this, and it's good, the distortion isn't good, even if you mess about with the patch, but the acoustic simulations, trems, wahs, bass and stuff is good, if you just findthe right patch.
My mate has the 707II, and he uses his without any other pedals, but I still think his distortion is lacking tone and quality.
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
well the powerblock is just an amp head...you need to buy i cabinet for it....its like a mini head. i wouldnt suggest getting a stack quite yet. you might consider some of the Vox valvetronic amps, or a roland cube 30/60. but as for the pedals...

For blues there is some overdrive and some reverb and stuff (the vox and roland have that built in)
ska....idk...like reggae type overdrive and reverb? idk.
metal...idk if you could get metal distortion out of those amps,\

so heres the conclusion...get a boss metal zone pedal. get any tones from santana, creamy overdrive, to balls out metal. thats why i love mine. as for the reverb, umm, im not so sure, i just use my amp reverb, but i need a footswitch. maybe look for a footswitch for a vox/roland and then you'll be set with that and the Boss Metal zone.

any more questions?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt