hammer on-pull off?
tremolo picking?

ect.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
Sweep picking and adding a tap at the top of it... thats the thing I find hardest, not only do you have to sweep and tap, you've also got to position shift your picking hand.
modesty/humility
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
MAB's double handed playing technique, along with not killing him for having such a ridiculous mullet.
I tryed sweeping for like.. a month... just couldnt even get it up to speed enough to play bleeding mascara by atreyu .. when i get a little better ill try again.
Taste. I mean, look at guys like Rusty Cooley who have mastered every other guitar technique in the book but still can't get this one. I think it's also the most important skill, and the one that'll set your music aside from everyone elses.

As far as physical techniques go, I'd say sweeping is probably as tough as it gets as it really needs a clean technique to do it well. And complex string skipping, though that's not really a technique persay
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Taste is indeed correct

not that I'd EVER want to play music like atreyu or something but what the heck is sweep
i hate pinch harmonicing in th emiddle of a solo, then play clean, then pinch harmonic in the middle of a hammer on/pull of, then go back to the solo, then pinch harmonic at the end
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by zebrahead234
modesty/humility

LOLOCAUST

IMO sweeping is real hard, same with multi finger tapping
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
improvising with feeling
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Depends on what you do with them, duh
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
2 and a half step bends. Apparently its possible for some guitarists.

Yep, I can do 'em. Can do three step bends with nines, two and a half step bends with 11s, which is what I've got now. I'd say sweep picking is harder though.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
For me its flamenco, i can sweep, i can alternate pick, i can tap and all that other shred neoclassical stuff, but i cant flamenco worth a damn, its like my achilles heel
Tremolo picking with the wrist and with fingerpicking (flamenco/classical technique). My picking hand just suck......
Playing with a whammy bar. It's pretty tough to get what you want. Vai is excellent with the technique.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
I'd say fast legato or fast tremolo picking runs (like Petrucci does).
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Last edited by rds0811 at Jul 2, 2006,
Depends like power chords are REALLY hard to play while playing 64th notes for some is tremendously easy.
Member of the Natalie Portman club.

Quote by Jaimz
Yeh you might wanna check that out, finger impregnations are pretty common nowadays.
Quote by RTB_Chris
I've been playing for over 15 years, and all of my main guitars are Squiers.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Yep, I can do 'em. Can do three step bends with nines, two and a half step bends with 11s, which is what I've got now. I'd say sweep picking is harder though.

you definitley take steroids to your fingers.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
2 and a half step bends. Apparently its possible for some guitarists.

Wow, you gotta be kidding me... i can do 3 full step bends with ease.............. any more and it would break a string though, although ive done almost a 4 with the help of my bar.

Oh, and all those technques you mentioned threadstarter are nothing compared to ANYTHING CLOSE to the hardest techniques.........
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I can sweep pinch harmonics : P.
Fairly useless technique, but I got pretty bored last weekend. It's really easy once you've got sweeping down, and if your willing to mutilate the tip of your right hand finger.
I actually started bleeding once, now its all calloused though my fingernail's covered in scratches and white marks. Not pretty.
I'd say the hardest is playing with taste and playing flamenco.
I've been playing classical for going on two years, and Im no where near a flamenco guitarist.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by MetalMilitia212
you definitley take steroids to your fingers.

Well I never actually have had to use extreme bends, but I can bend the thin strings pretty much to the edges of the fretboard from the middle frets. The high and low frets essentially place a mechanical limit on how far the strings can bend. I just tried at the 11th fret and can bend the low E to the 19th fret (From an Eb to an A). I'm sure just playing an acoustic guitar will give most people the same ability to bend their electric's strings. I don't want to experiment with it too much because I'm not in the mood to change strings or order a new nut if I break mine.
-Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition Left-Handed
-Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
-New York Pro Acoustic

Quote by Random emo kid
I'm so emo even my tears cry.

Quote by wahappen
I'd probably give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Last edited by rds0811 at Jul 2, 2006,
Two hands tapping with four-or-more-notes legatos
Woza Mandele

Hello, Hello!!
Hola!!!

I'm at a place called VERTIGO!!
¿Dónde está?

CHIVAS for champion
Classical picking, and that technique that flemenco guitarists use; its when you shoot your fingers across, one by one, but all the same time, hitting the srtings with your nails.
^^ two posts up. I think its just called tremoloing.

Also, I didnt think. But powerchords downpicked really fast is hard.

Playing and singing. Especially with complex vocal melodies and tough chords, then it gets hard.
Or playing lead and trying to keep a different melody with your voice, Its REALLY hard.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Andrewsonfire
I tryed sweeping for like.. a month... just couldnt even get it up to speed enough to play bleeding mascara by atreyu .. when i get a little better ill try again.

Try alternate picking it...i find its easier to play without note bleed.

The best thing to do with sweep picking is to pick a shape to practice, maybe a root 5 minor chord, and whilst watching a film, just sit there unplugged and go up and down up and down..u will find that after the film ends you will have improved no end. Do this every day with a diff film, diff shape and after a few weeks youl be whizzing around. Another way is to start on 3 string shapes and then 4, 5 etc etc.
I think arpeggios and sweep picking are the hardest. I've gotten pretty good at a lot of techniques, but I just cant get those two down. Wtf, everyone says they're really easy too. >_>
tap, then pull off with a finger on your right hand, then pull off tou pinky on your left hand, then tour middle then your index. Sounds sweet if you can do it
^its not that hard if ur a slightly competent tapper, u just hav to kno ur 3 basic left hand shapes
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
Quote by amorebelladonna
nvm i didnt see what demonhunter said

That's not sweep picking, I can't descibe it though, cause I can't do it.
sweep picking is definately the hardest especially with a lot of distortion
I find tapping very difficult.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Page 1 of 3