Hey I have a few questions concerning amplifiers and effects pedals:

1) Currently, my only amplifier is a 15w fender frontman, and I'm looking for something with more power, but also sounds good for mostly heavy metal (trivium, children of bodom, unearth) but also light jazz and such. Ive looked into Line 6 amplifiers and the spider amplifiers seem to have nice features and also fit my price range, which is roughly 100-250 tops. 30-75 wats.

2) My amplifier, when on high gain (my preference) sounds good, but as i crank up the volume, an annoying buzz sound is constantly being emited. Do amps with more power have the same problems? I want something that i can use for small gigs/band practice.

3) I'm interested in buying a simple effects peddle, one which has wahh and delay, but cheap for the price. Any suggestions?
For effects, you'll probably have to get those separately. For a cheap pedal with both, I'd say a Zoom 606 (maybe a 505 with an expression pedal), but you'll get a ton of other effects with it that you may not end up using. And because it's a multi-effects, you're gonna have a sacrifice of quality and adjustability.

For amps you can use at small gigs, I think a Roland Cube 30 or Vox AD30VT might work for you. If you think you'll need more volume than go for a Cube 60 or AD50VT and save up. But the Cubes and Valvetronixes all have delay built in, so you might not need a delay pedal and you could get just a wah. I think Vox makes some decent, relatively inexpensive wahs.

The general rule of thumb as to which amp to choose is Roland Cubes for metal and Vox Valvetronixes for classic rock and blues.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
i agree with the call1800 dude, raise the price range. just save up some cash and set priorities on what you nedd
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
ive owned both the roland cube and vox valvetronix. the vox has nice cleans and nice bluesy overdrive sound, but not good for metal. the cube has some nice amp models with the dual rectifier, classic stack, and brit combo. but the cleans dont sound very good to me and im really not to crazy about the amp models. the effects are cool though. honestly IMO i like the spider II better than the 2 ive owned. the spider just seems to me more versatle. call me crazy. and i think it would be better for that trivium, unearth kinda sound.
just my opinion
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
Although i do want that metal sound, it would b nice to be able to play other types of music of course. Ive visited the Line 6 website and heard the different sounds you can get off the spider amps, and i was impressed. Ive also heard good things about marshall amps.

Crate amps seem to be a bit out of my price range, at least the 60 watt model, which seems like it would be the best for me.
Quote by dagget
Although i do want that metal sound, it would b nice to be able to play other types of music of course. Ive visited the Line 6 website and heard the different sounds you can get off the spider amps, and i was impressed. Ive also heard good things about marshall amps.

Crate amps seem to be a bit out of my price range, at least the 60 watt model, which seems like it would be the best for me.

Line 6 amps (Spiders) are horrible. So are the Marshall MGs and AVTs. You wont be able to get a good Marshall amp in your price range probably.