im brand new all this guitar stuff i wanna learn how to play a guitar but i dunno wat type of guitar would suit me. I willing to spend up $250 to buy a guitar and want it to be at least 175 no lower cuzz i dont want no cheap ass one. So could anyone reccommend me any guitars?
well, what style of music are you looking to play?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
i wanna plays songs lik the bands Disturbed, Rob Zombie, Godsmack, Santana, and Green day i want mostly a guitar that plays all types music juz not country or jazz maybe... a lil metal
i would recommend an Ibanez or Fender...very versatile, i like Ibanez more, but that's just me
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Quote by axe_grinder247
i would recommend an Ibanez or Fender...very versatile, i like Ibanez more, but that's just me

think this guitar is a good one?
that's actually a pretty good choice...humbuckers are your best bet for metal...it may not have a floyd rose but hey, who needs one when you're starting out? i say go for it
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

RG's are a bit more expensive though, he's just starting out
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

A RG is type of guitar made by Ibanez.

I suggest not going all out on your first guitar. I would suggest, instead, to dedicate your money 150 amp, 100 guitar, unless you have/can borrow an amp until you get money for an amp.

Guitar: Dean Vendetta XM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Vendetta-XM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512150

Amp: Traynor Reverb Mate 30w
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-TRM30-Reverb-Mate-30-Combo?sku=480967

And we'll throw in some distortion pedals to give that Traynor a bit of, well, distortion

Distortion 1-Metal
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-DJ21-Black-Coffee-Metal-Distortion-Pedal?sku=151876

Distortion 2-Light Distortion
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-D1-Fab-Distortion?sku=151847
I second the Washburn WI14. I own one and it's an excellent guitar. Absolutely amazing for the price.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
I second the Washburn WI14. I own one and it's an excellent guitar. Absolutely amazing for the price.

oh yeah raise the roof
ok i have 250 to spend on a guitar i can borrow an amp from my friend and i juz want a guitar no distortion and all the effect stuff juz want the best soundin guitar on the market for 250 bucks cuz i wanna practice on the guitar for awhile then when i get more used to it ill buy a amp then a effect thingy

so juz for now people juz find me the best guitar for 250 plz
In my experience, the best sounding guitar for $250 I've found would be the Washburn WI14. It's only $150, but still sounds the best in that price range.

If you can stretch your budget to $300 you could get a Washburn WI64D or an Epiphone Vintage G-400. I highly recommend the WI64D, but both are good.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar