i like dragonforce and all a lot, but that gives herman li no right to talk crap man, in this months issue of total guitar he said that he could play better solos that matt heafy in a jackass kind of way and then said they play like a bunch of 15 year olds, wtf man, trivium is an awesome band
Well he is a better guitarist...
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
his egocentric attitude reminds me of malmsteen
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
he marks a scar on the reputation to all asian guitarists... well, not really

but he should really calm down
Calm down so wut he said something like that, its not the first time someone good makes remarks like that, especially if they are good....and u never know mayb the magazine portrayed it differently...
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones
Quote by invisible_man
Well he is a better guitarist...

Does that give him the right to be such a thunder****? No, it does not. He can boast that he plays kickass solos and I'll have no problem. However, when you start dissing other players and comparing yourself like that, you cross the line. After all, you can always learn something by jamming with another guitarist. Always.
Quote by ias05
i like dragonforce and all a lot, but that gives herman li no right to talk crap man, in this months issue of total guitar he said that he could play better solos that matt heafy in a jackass kind of way and then said they play like a bunch of 15 year olds, wtf man, trivium is an awesome band

Can you scan this article or w/e, I'd like to read it for myself, i really have a feeling it was probably changed a bit or u know how they do interviews and change the tone of ur answer to the way theyt want it to be.....

Im very curious
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
yeah, guitar playing isn't a competition, it's a form of expression and it's supposed to come from the soul
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
malmsteen is my favorite guitarist and i cant even stand it when HE gets cocky (even though he has the right to) i dont care for this herman li guy even though he is amazing. i think hes nothing but a show off, at least malsteen does his solos to make him sound good, li just does it to look good
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
why would they even ask him such a stpid question, what the hell is wrong with GW? Maybe he siad that cuz Heafy is Jap. For those who dont know asian history Japs were the most vilent sick people, so I would understand if he said that just becasue Heafy is Jap b/c the stories are pretty damn disgusting.
Ah. The guy seems overrated, anyways. In my opinion, atleast.
And no, I'm not some ignorant douche. I've seen videos and heard his solos. He can shred.
But frankly, I dont care.
Go ahead. Play so fast that you snap your strings, your neck and cut through your fingers.
Still wont give the music any soul.
Spiral Out
Quote by jumpmanhat
why would they even ask him such a stpid question, what the hell is wrong with GW?

Dude, you obviously know nothing about the world. Interviewers often TRY to make people look bad. Often. SOmetimes the interviewee just walks right into it.
^obvisouly you are one of them who thinks it's okay to be like a prick! and so what if he said that heafy is bad, this is a land of free speech, why is it okay if someone says "I hate Emos and they suck ass" and wrong if Herman Li disses Heafy a little?
Last edited by jumpmanhat at Jul 1, 2006,
When the Hell did I diss emos, or any group of people for that matter? This is a game of morals.
Last edited by God Am at Jul 1, 2006,
Quote by jumpmanhat
why would they even ask him such a stpid question, what the hell is wrong with GW? Maybe he siad that cuz Heafy is Jap. For those who dont know asian history Japs were the most vilent sick people, so I would understand if he said that just becasue Heafy is Jap b/c the stories are pretty damn disgusting.

Racist fuck. Yes, the Japanese have a history of horrendous crimes against humanity but does that mean that EVERY Japanese person is a murderous psychopath? You apparently think so. And for the record, it's Japanese, not "jap," you ignoramus.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
man it was a word for word question and answer i dont have it i just read it, it was a flat out dis, he is an awesome guitarist its just that trivium is young and work really hard to get where theyre at, its pretty shi*** for him to say that
Quote by ias05
man it was a word for word question and answer i dont have it i just read it, it was a flat out dis, ---------he is an awesome guitarist its just that trivium is young and work really hard to get where theyre at-----------, its pretty shi*** for him to say that

THATS NOT WUT U SAID IN UR THREAD , this sounds much b etter than wut u said Herman said...
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
Quote by jumpmanhat
^obvisouly you are one of them who thinks it's okay to be like a prick! and so what if he said that heafy is bad, this is a land of free speech, why is it okay if someone says "I hate Emos and they suck ass" and wrong if Herman Li disses Heafy a little?

I think you're kind of a hypocrite...

I dont think it's ever been universally "okay" to diss Emo music or the Emo trend. I believe it's just been a very easy target, and not often understood by people. When most poeple think of Emo, they think of Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance, and most their lyrics, not the actual music.

"and so what if he said that heafy is bad"
So what? So it's pretty cocky, egotistical and just plain asinine. If Li is saying that Trivium play like a bunch of 15 year olds, then he needs to back down. Everyone has their own playing style. Not EVERYONE wants to try and play 1365468446 notes per quarter second, okay?
Spiral Out
Quote by HumanitysDeath
I think you're kind of a hypocrite...

I dont think it's ever been universally "okay" to diss Emo music or the Emo trend. I believe it's just been a very easy target, and not often understood by people. When most poeple think of Emo, they think of Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance, and most their lyrics, not the actual music.

"and so what if he said that heafy is bad"
So what? So it's pretty cocky, egotistical and just plain asinine. If Li is saying that Trivium play like a bunch of 15 year olds, then he needs to back down. Everyone has their own playing style. Not EVERYONE wants to try and play 1365468446 notes per quarter second, okay?

THE THREAD STARTED JUST SAID Herman said the following::::

he is an awesome guitarist its just that trivium is young and work really hard to get where theyre at,

THER TJREAD = misleading

so fk off herman li plz
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
Quote by ias05
man it was a word for word question and answer i dont have it i just read it, it was a flat out dis, he is an awesome guitarist its just that trivium is young and work really hard to get where theyre at, its pretty shi*** for him to say that

READ HIS REPLY, unless u read the article plz stop commenting about HERMAN LI being an asshole.
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
dude shut the **** up, you posted three ****ing times saying taht Herman isnt a cockbag, we ****ing get it, now stop posting stupid ****

EDIT: this is aimed at that guy who p[osted like 10 times saying to read some other guys post

and yeah...so what if herman insults another guitarist, its no different than a person whose better than me saying i suck...and Herman didnt even say that...so basically this thread is a waste
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

whatever i dont see how im a hypocrite i really dont get it but nm, this thread turned into a lot of miscommunication
Last edited by ias05 at Jul 1, 2006,
Racist fuck. Yes, the Japanese have a history of horrendous crimes against humanity but does that mean that EVERY Japanese person is a murderous psychopath? You apparently think so. And for the record, it's Japanese, not "jap," you ignoramus.
dude, Im not racist at all. I am Korean and know that lots of people still dont like Japanese people, I think they are cool people, I have Japenese friends okay? I meant to say that maybe Herman Li is one of those people who dont like the Japenese, just a guesstimate, you cant call me a "racist ****" that was uncalled for.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

and yeah...so what if herman insults another guitarist, its no different than a person whose better than me saying i suck...and Herman didnt even say that...so basically this thread is a waste

i was just about to say that.

it really doesnt matter has anyone ever told you( not refering[sp?] to the hell patrol) that you are bad and things like that. that is all he did and i doubt he really even said that to mean that he is dissing matt heafy. read the article on this website. Herman sounds like a laid back guy from what ive ever read.

oh and he doesnt need emotion is his solos because that genre of music really just gets you like pumped up and headbanging.
how about you all shut up, cause this is retarded, grow up, and if your gonna bitch, at least do it in the right forum

*reported*
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Probably not a smart move for Li, but it's not like I haven't heard guitarists dissing each other before.
meh, most bands really don't know what they're doing.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Honestly guys, that kind of bravado and boasting is pretty a normal part of the whole rock and roll star thing. Herman says he's better than Heafy. Who gives a ****? If anyting, the statement made me chuckle. Calm down.

It's a little funny though, because both bands play immature music that appeals to 15/16 year olds. (which isn't a diss on teens because I just turned 16)
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I think everyone is making premature conclusion cause we don't know what really the article said. Until we can read the entire article literally, i don't think is right to assume anything.
Quote by ias05

It really doesn't matter how good he gets he'll never be considered a guitar god like Dime Rhoads EVH SRV Gilmour Hendrix Clapton Page and many more..................

It's not a biased thing either its just thier names`will live on forever because of how influential they were

He's good and can **** on a lot of guitarists but deep down inside he knows hes got the smaller dick
Quote by Metal_Man666

He's good and can **** on a lot of guitarists but deep down inside he knows hes got the smaller dick

WTF is wrong with u?

SAYING AZNs have smaller dicks NOW?....WOW how immature this forum get, where the mods
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
Herman li looks like like a ****ing fag. Hes a ****ing long haired asian. But he is a great guitarist and I like dragonforce but damn cut your hair.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by dementedpuppy
Herman li looks like like a ****ing fag. Hes a ****ing long haired asian. But he is a great guitarist and I like dragonforce but damn cut your hair.

yea they dont look too bad, i say cut just few inches would look much better.
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
Herman says he improvises his solos in the studio. That's pretty cool considering his solos kickass. But he has no right to talk **** about other guys. If someone is giving 110%, they should be respected. There's a certain level where if you pass it, you're a good guitarist. I think Matt has met that mark and doesn't need to be dissed for what he does. Herman sounds like another Malmsteen.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Quote by Jerkoffkid
Herman says he improvises his solos in the studio. That's pretty cool considering his solos kickass. But he has no right to talk **** about other guys. If someone is giving 110%, they should be respected. There's a certain level where if you pass it, you're a good guitarist. I think Matt has met that mark and doesn't need to be dissed for what he does. Herman sounds like another Malmsteen.

scroll up read my post
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm